2009 - 2014 F-150

Any Ecobeast owners running the AFE Scorcher Module?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 09:23 AM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 88racing
looks like Jet Chip junk or eBay resistors in a box...imo

I'd rather reprogram my truck with a proven programmer platform and dyno proven email tunes then have something that fools the computer....

with a product name like "Scorcher" it would make me run away...
Beat me to it! When I saw the name, I thought "Oh no". When I saw the pic, I thought "OH NO!" When I saw the "theory" behind how they're "making power" with this thing, I thought "OH HELL NO!!"

Originally Posted by Wookie
Tricking the PCM is a prime example of doing it wrong. There are much better ways of upping the power on the EB than scabbing on a JC Whitney special like this. Save the $250 and put it towards a real tune from a reputable company.
^^ X2!

IMHO Coy, I'd hold out fer a SCT.

I mean after all...AFE makes a throttle body spacer, and they say it makes a bunch of power too!!

Old 08-02-2013, 11:51 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yea im gonna wait...

Yal dont take this the wrong way but all the other f150 forums and the ecoboost forum they almost praise it, Here at good ol F150online yal say its junk . But after thinking about it im almost in agreement with ua.

The main reason i wanted to try this is to see how much better the ecoboost performed with more boost, which is what the programmer basically does.. just wanted to see what the truck is capable of before paying 500+ dollars for a programmer

Old 08-02-2013, 12:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
Yea im gonna wait...

Yal dont take this the wrong way but all the other f150 forums and the ecoboost forum they almost praise it, Here at good ol F150online yal say its junk
I'm on 3 different F150 forums and I never even heard of the Scorcher until I read this thread. The 2 best Ecoboost tuners that I'm familiar with are Socal and Livernois. I'm happy with my Livernois tuner but Socal is working hard to be #1. I wish I had an SCT unit so I could try out the Socal tune.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:34 PM
tricking the PCM is a risky thing to be doing. When i drove an Sti a few years back we tried to do it, basically I had the biggest turbo I could get under the hood in the car. this turbo sucked soooo much air that I had maxed out my maf sensor. Rather then switching to a blow-thru set-up, we tried tricking the Maf, by basically reprogramming it so everything was at half value (ex. maf saw 50 when it was really 100 but the injectors where still scaled as if it was 100). Ran like **** and we couldn't get the idle to smooth out so i eventally went with a full stand alone ECU and ditched the maf.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:38 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Yea im gonna wait...

The main reason i wanted to try this is to see how much better the ecoboost performed with more boost, which is what the programmer basically does.. just wanted to see what the truck is capable of before paying 500+ dollars for a programmer
Good! I'd rather have one of something that worked absolutely as advertised (or better) and was safe than two of something that MIGHT work to an extent but is potentially VERY harmful.

Yal dont take this the wrong way but all the other f150 forums and the ecoboost forum they almost praise it, Here at good ol F150online yal say its junk . But after thinking about it im almost in agreement with ua.
Well...we're the only ones that matter, right?

Old 08-02-2013, 02:39 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Originally Posted by NASSTY
I'm happy with my Livernois tuner
Oh YEAH!! Get THAT joint, Coy!!

Quick Reply: Any Ecobeast owners running the AFE Scorcher Module?