2009 - 2014 F-150

Full Race

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
Gotta give the thumbs up on that! And I figured you came up with what you did because you'd have to drill more holes
Thanks. I'll run them like this for a while.

Originally Posted by lakemarykid
Looks awesome Dawg. I vote for a 20" in the bumper and get rid of the halogens. You'll be amazed at the output.

I really wish I could spring for that suspension set up right now! The stance is killer. You really have me considering losing the step bars.

Can you snap a picture of your CV angles? Also, what do you measure to the center of the fender?

On another note, I vote for 295/60R20 Nitto Trails for the next tire.

-Curtis-
Thanks Curtis. Yeah, I am still considering the 20" LED too but the PIAAs are too dang expensive to not reuse; I also don't feel like tearing out the wiring harnesses after all the work to get them wired...lol.

But if I do get the 20", it will be a fairly straightforward install as ADD also welded in the mounting backets specifically for those.

I really didn't like the factory sidesteps and I knew those were coming off. But I do need to order the AMP retractable steps as my wife doesn't appreciate jumping into my truck.

I am leaving in the morning and will be gone for a few days, so won't be able to take any pics of the CV angles until I get back. But I did measure the distance from the floor to the bottom of the factory flare (along the wheel centerline) and it was 40.5 inches. So with 35s, I should be around 41.25 inches when done.

I had two sets of the Nittos; those are heavy tires but they do look great. Surprisingly good road manners too, but way too noisy for me (compared to other MTs I ran) at higher speeds especially as they wear. I may still pick a MT, but I am also still intrigued by the new Mickey Thompson ATZ P3s and Toyo AT2 Extremes (looked great in 35s on a Raptor I saw, and the Toyos are "S" rated while all the others are "Q" rated or lower).

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 09-28-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Desert Dawg
Thanks. I'll run them like this for a while.

Thanks Curtis. Yeah, I am still considering the 20" LED too but the PIAAs are too dang expensive to not reuse; I also don't feel like tearing out the wiring harnesses after all the work to get them wired...lol.

But if I do get the 20", it will be a fairly straightforward install as ADD also welded in the mounting backets specifically for those.

I really didn't like the factory sidesteps and I knew those were coming off. But I do need to order the AMP retractable steps as my wife doesn't appreciate jumping into my truck.

I am leaving in the morning and will be gone for a few days, so won't be able to take any pics of the CV angles until I get back. But I did measure the distance from the floor to the bottom of the factory flare (along the wheel centerline) and it was 40.5 inches. So with 35s, I should be around 41.25 inches when done.

I had two sets of the Nittos; those are heavy tires but they do look great. Surprisingly good road manners too, but way too noisy for me (compared to other MTs I ran) at higher speeds especially as they wear. I may still pick a MT, but I am also still intrigued by the new Mickey Thompson ATZ P3s and Toyo AT2 Extremes (looked great in 35s on a Raptor I saw, and the Toyos are "S" rated while all the others are "Q" rated or lower).
I'm sitting at 40.25"-40.5" right now. So what you said makes sense also. I'm curious to see the CV angles. I'm assuming it will be the same as if running a 3" leveling kit.

Those Mickey's actually look really good. Hadn't seen them before.

Love the truck and stance. I'm waiting for a ride report now.

-Curtis-

Old 10-01-2013, 02:01 PM
a couple of pic's of the toyos for you D.Dawg

Old 10-01-2013, 02:11 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Originally Posted by jacoviii

Oh snap, son!

I've found my next set of tires! They look fantastic!

Old 10-01-2013, 02:49 PM

Yeah, those tires look great! As well as the rest of the truck

Old 10-01-2013, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by jacoviii
thanks jacoviii; those AT 2s do look good!

Old 10-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Any chance you can get a exhaust clip?

Old 10-02-2013, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
Any chance you can get a exhaust clip?
Still out of town in Las Vegas but will be back home in a couple of days: will try and do one by this weekend.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:40 PM

Well, I tried to do the video clip with my iPhone and it picked up too much background noise and just didn't sound right. So not sure if I need to find a quieter place or have my kid do it for me since I tend to be "electronically" challenged with gadgets....lol.

Will try again and post.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:28 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Are you considering any performance upgrades as well? I am throwing around the idea of some downpipes to start, but don't really want to run a tune yet... Trying to keep myself happy with the current setup until the 15's are out.

Unfortunately the raptor bug is always biting...

Old 11-05-2013, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by FX4life
Are you considering any performance upgrades as well? I am throwing around the idea of some downpipes to start, but don't really want to run a tune yet... Trying to keep myself happy with the current setup until the 15's are out.

Unfortunately the raptor bug is always biting...
Hey Matt...long time no talk to!

Yes, I already have the Full Race exhaust but waiting on their new 91 Tune to become available (hopefully by the end of this year) and then I am going with their Intercooler/CAC upgrade. I am still nervous about going with the tune since I only have 10K miles on my truck and really not anxious about putting my warranty at risk, but I am pretty sure the Intercooler will be mostly failsafe if not an actual improvement over the factory (although I have had no issues at all).

Ever since I put the FR exhaust on and can feel the difference in the response (not to mention the cooler sound), the performance bug has bit me good...lol.

And yes, the Raptor is always in the back of my mind too but I am really getting happy fast that I am building a unique looking truck too that can perform off road pretty well. I am not building to take high speed jumps, but nice knowing I can pretty much go where I want and still have a nice stret ride. And I can get 15 mpg City where that isn't happening with the Raptor (of course, not worrying about mileage but just saying).

Paul

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 11-05-2013 at 01:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Full Race