2009 - 2014 F-150

Full Race

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Desert Dawg
Thanks. Yeah, this stuff sure isn't cheap but hopefully all worth it if I do it right!

You are right; the Freak-O-Boost uses the regular AT IIs which was the one thing that looked sort of disappointing to me on that build. Those Toyo AT II Extremes look much better and also look like they will perform well on the street. But with the new ADD bumper, I am not sure they are still aggressive enough as the bumper will give the truck a more aggressive off road look and expose a lot more of the front tire tread.
Well, if you do get the D. Cepek's def keep us posted on how you like them. They are a good looking tire and I'd be interested in reading more reviews as they come out. As for now and for me I love the look of the AT2 extremes and seems like not a single person has a bad thing to say about them so far. Plus hard to beat toyo's 45 day no hassle trial period and the what? 45k mile warranty or something like that? My main concerns will almost always be highway, sand, and trail behavior. Mud and rock not so much. Especially since I am in the Cal high desert.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by F8LSNAKE
Which ADD bumper did you pick?
I ordered the Venom with two 6-inch Rigid LEDs.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by HM8404
Well, if you do get the D. Cepek's def keep us posted on how you like them. They are a good looking tire and I'd be interested in reading more reviews as they come out. As for now and for me I love the look of the AT2 extremes and seems like not a single person has a bad thing to say about them so far. Plus hard to beat toyo's 45 day no hassle trial period and the what? 45k mile warranty or something like that? My main concerns will almost always be highway, sand, and trail behavior. Mud and rock not so much. Especially since I am in the Cal high desert.
Well, not ruling out the Extremes but will have to decide in the next 2-3 weeks. I am in the high desert too although have lots of mountain driving too in so need to handle a bit of everything.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:16 AM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Well, not ruling out the Extremes but will have to decide in the next 2-3 weeks. I am in the high desert too although have lots of mountain driving too in so need to handle a bit of everything.
Saw the Extremes in person the other day for the first time. They look amazing, and I feel quite sure they'd handle anything short of deep mud quite well, indeed. They were on a Jeep, and the guy said he hasn't been close to stuck yet.

Having said that, the new Fun Country tires you posted look

So many options for my next set!

Old 08-28-2013, 01:32 PM
I ordered the Venom with two 6-inch Rigid LEDs.
That's the one I've been eyeballing myself. I do like the stealth too though.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by DewserB
Saw the Extremes in person the other day for the first time. They look amazing, and I feel quite sure they'd handle anything short of deep mud quite well, indeed. They were on a Jeep, and the guy said he hasn't been close to stuck yet.

Yeah, sometimes too many options aren't helpful...lol.

I need to see the DC Fun Country in person too; so far, they still intrigue me the most.

Originally Posted by F8LSNAKE
That's the one I've been eyeballing myself. I do like the stealth too though.
Totally agree that ADD's Stealth bumper looks great too, but I just liked the cleaner look of the Venom for mine.

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 08-29-2013 at 01:39 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm looking at the Toyo AT 2's myself. Haven't seen the extreme version on a vehicle yet around here in person but they look real aggressive in pics.
The Fun Country looks amazing and I like the name.
Can't wait to see you trucks transformation Dawg

Old 08-31-2013, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by RedWoodsMan1
I'm looking at the Toyo AT 2's myself. Haven't seen the extreme version on a vehicle yet around here in person but they look real aggressive in pics.
The Fun Country looks amazing and I like the name.
Can't wait to see you trucks transformation Dawg
Thanks! I have been looking at the AT 2 Extremes more and more.

Funny, the advertising pics for the DC Fun Country tires look great but the few photos I have found on the Internet don't come across looking so aggressive. I need to go look at some in person.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:00 AM
Well, don't forget the toyo's have that 45 day/500 mile no hassle trial period.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by HM8404
Well, don't forget the toyo's have that 45 day/500 mile no hassle trial period.
Thanks....I did forget that! Maybe that is the way to go!

Old 09-01-2013, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by DewserB

Dewser...how those Coopers working out for you? I keep looking at the STTs as they have very aggressive MT build/look with some siping. Costs are ranging all over the price but seem to be reasonably priced compared to other MTs.

I am liking the Toyo AT Extremes more and more mostly because they seem to provide the best all around daily driver/off road combination, but I think how I really don't drive my truck anymore for in town commuting and so get stuck on going back to a real nice MT because of the look...lol.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Does anyone on here have their custom tunes for the Ecoboost? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on tuning mine and it's down to Full Race and Livernois (sp?).

Old 09-05-2013, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Wookie
Does anyone on here have their custom tunes for the Ecoboost? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on tuning mine and it's down to Full Race and Livernois (sp?).
I was curious about that too as it seems that they got their best dyno numbers running the intercooler and exhaust upgrades with the tune.

I am in Phoenix for a couple of days so dropping by the Full Race shop tomorrow. If you like, I can inquire more about the tune they used.

I am excited as I finally made a decision; I am having FR set me up with the Fox 2.5 Coil-over Reservoir system with 2.0 Rear Fox Shocks and Icon UCAs. They are going to have Fox set the coil-overs at 2.5 inches of lift, along with a replacement rear block.

I am also getting the FR 3-inch resonated exhaust system so I get to place my order for that tomorrow too!

Waiting to hear back from ADD when my bumper will be shipped, and need to get my wheels and tires ordered!

Old 09-06-2013, 12:15 AM
Excited for ya brother. It's gonna be sweeeeeet!

Old 09-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you can find out and get a dyno sheet if possible. I'll owe you a beer for it.

Quick Reply: Full Race