2009 - 2014 F-150

Full Race

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sound fun

Old 09-06-2013, 09:07 PM

So got to visit the Full Race shop a second time. They are still working on the new turbos for the Freak-O-Boost so nothing new there.

Anyway, got my Fox/Icon suspension system ordered! I also went with a non-resonated exhaust system as the thought was I can always add the resonator later if too loud. But Jeremy at FR didn't think it is much louder over the resonated system unless under WOT. So sounds like fun!

Wookie; I asked about their new tunes and was told they are still working on it. Seems that they are stil figuring out the right fuel mapping and so won't be offering an "official" tuner package for a bit yet. For the Freak-O-Boost, they used the SCT tuner and published some dyno results previously. I remember seeing those so can find a link when I get back from Phoenix.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks! The throttle lag on the truck drives me nuts. I didn't notice how bad it was till I got used to my Audi. It has ALL delay programed out of it and is more responsive than most cable throttles I've driven.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Wookie
Thanks! The throttle lag on the truck drives me nuts. I didn't notice how bad it was till I got used to my Audi. It has ALL delay programed out of it and is more responsive than most cable throttles I've driven.
You might have already seen this, but here is the article I was referring to:

http://www.full-race.com/articles/fu...no-testing.php

Full Race can custom develop a tune specifically for your truck but they are wanting to offer the complete tune/interface package, so hopefully we will see something soon as I would love to have that with the intercooler upgrade and get these results or better!

Old 09-19-2013, 02:04 PM

My Full Race exhaust and suspension should be here any day, so have it all scheduled for installation at Desert Rat early next week! I can't wait!

So went ahead and ordered a set of Mickey Thompson MTZs (35x12.50R20) through Desert Rat.

I could not find any aftermarket wheels that I really liked; the all black wheels are getting played out and don't stand out with an all black tire IMHO, and not a fan of bright big bolts that most tend to have. I also didn't find any black or machined/black wheels that aren't already seen on every Dodge, Chevy, Ford, and Toyota in town (aka, same ol' Fuels, BMFs, XDs, etc.)....lol. I thought about custom powder coating some but didn't want to run around town trying to get that done (not to mention the extra cost). And I didn't think chrome would work well with my color scheme. So after days (literally) of searching, I decided to keep my factory FX4 wheels and called Frank Goeske to order some Alcoa billet 1.25-inch wheel adaptors which will basically give me about a +12mm offset setup.

In the meantime, I have some teaser pics about what did come in:

ADD Venom Bumper sitting at Desert Rat waiting for install -

Got my Snugtop topper all done too -

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 09-19-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:56 PM
Pics aren't showing up for me.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:12 PM

Aren't working for me either, but I'm excited for the final product and you getting everything on!

Old 09-19-2013, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by F8LSNAKE
Pics aren't showing up for me.

Originally Posted by KMAC0694
Aren't working for me either, but I'm excited for the final product and you getting everything on!

Sorry guys...don't know what happened there but reloaded so hopefully pics are showing up now!

Old 09-19-2013, 08:50 PM

Just got an email today from Full Race; apparently they never processed my order after giving me a credit on an overcharge. So due to an accounting process error, my order never went through and I have been waiting 2 weeks for nothing.

So now I have to cancel my appointment at Desert Rat and will have to wait another 2 weeks as I go back on business travel. I just hope they don't make me pick up everything else as my stuff is taking up a lot of floor space and they have a busy shop. Also, not sure when they can get me in again. I hate being pushed out especially after giving out my money in large sums...lol. Adding insult to injury is having Fred Goeske priority ship the wheel adapters to make sure they get here in time. Kind of a cluster funk all the way around.

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 09-19-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:44 AM

That is not cool . . . I mean, shoot it ain't even my truck and I was excited!

Old 09-20-2013, 08:56 AM

To their credit, Geoff at Full Race is trying to make things right and see about expediting everything but I am not confident they can ship the bulky orders any faster and get here in time (and have no control over when Fox sends out their stuff). Then there is the worry that I am going to be away for a while and no one will be home to accept the order. Wouldn't that suck; finally get here and nobody home so they send everything back! So much for all my finely tuned planning and timing....lol.

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 09-20-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It always seems to work that way for me too. I gave up on trying to make tight schedules with shippers, they always screw thinks up.

Old 09-20-2013, 02:27 PM

Wow...just got a call from Jeremy at Full Race. They are overnighting the Fox 2.5 Coilovers and their 3-inch Cat Back systems to me in order to ensure I get everything on time. The only bummer is that the Fox 2.0 Rear Shocks are now on backorder and will take a couple of weeks to get, but I think I can live with factory rear shocks until then...lol.

Kudos to Geoff and Jeremy at Full Race for coming through for me. Awesome folks to do business with!

Thanks Full Race!

Old 09-20-2013, 02:39 PM

Sounds like a well-run company to me! Props to them for doing that and correcting a mistake

Old 09-20-2013, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by KMAC0694
Sounds like a well-run company to me! Props to them for doing that and correcting a mistake
Totally! I am so stoked about doing business with them, and of course stoked that I will get my build done soon!

Quick Reply: Full Race