2009 - 2014 F-150

Full Race

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Out of curiosity, what is all of this running you, if you don't mind my asking? From suspension to tires to topper, all of it. You always get top notch stuff

Old 09-21-2013, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by KMAC0694
Out of curiosity, what is all of this running you, if you don't mind my asking? From suspension to tires to topper, all of it. You always get top notch stuff
Thanks...I try not to skimp on quality.

I was just totalling all this up myself. My build so far consisits of:

Fox 2.5 Remote Reservoir Front Coil Overs/Fox 2.0 Rear Shocks/Icon UCAs (Full Race)
EcoBoost 3-inch Cat Back Exhaust System (Full Race)
Venom Bumper with Stealth Panels and (2) Sets of Rigid 6-inch LEDs (ADD)
Mickey Thompson MTZ LT35x12.50R20s (Desert Rat)
Alcoa Aluminum F150 1.25 Wheel Adapters (Fred Goeske)
Repaint for Topper (MAACO)

So far, that is totalling right at $7400 not including some extra to Desert Rat for some installation work, tire mounting/balancing, alignment, etc. and some shipping costs. That also does not include the current mods I am keeping, including:

Linex Spray-n Bedliner
Full Tint
Cravens Speed Antenna
PIAA 520 ATP Offroad Lights
PIAA 540 Ion Fog Lights
K40 Calibre Remote Radar/Laser Detection System
Snugtop XTR Topper

So that adds almost another $4700.

Future mods include:

Full Race Intercooler/CAC Upgrade
Full Race 91 Tune
AMP Research Power Steps

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 09-21-2013 at 02:27 AM.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:28 AM

That's not TOO bad, you'll probably be sitting around $15k (or $18k) after the last 3. So with all of that stuff being about the best you can get your hands on, some of it custom, that ain't all that bad. It beats the value you were losing when you were buying a new truck every 8 months haha

A few days ago, I added up my total mod cost and it came to $4,395 cost to me and $6,015 estimated worth (got a lot of stuff from trade-ins at the dealership for pocket change) and I'm likely going to be around your figure when I'm through if I do what I have planned. Hell, mine isn't even lifted yet.

This truck modding stuff sure as hell ain't cheap!

Old 09-21-2013, 11:42 AM
Glad they took care of you. Seems like a good company to deal with. I can't wait to see the final result.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by KMAC0694
That's not TOO bad, you'll probably be sitting around $15k (or $18k) after the last 3. So with all of that stuff being about the best you can get your hands on, some of it custom, that ain't all that bad. It beats the value you were losing when you were buying a new truck every 8 months haha

A few days ago, I added up my total mod cost and it came to $4,395 cost to me and $6,015 estimated worth (got a lot of stuff from trade-ins at the dealership for pocket change) and I'm likely going to be around your figure when I'm through if I do what I have planned. Hell, mine isn't even lifted yet.

This truck modding stuff sure as hell ain't cheap!
No, not cheap but I enjoy doing it. It's all relative; my next door neighbor has a Lambo and new Bentley GT. He is getting some new wheels for his Bentley and will probably spend at least as much as all my current mods put together. He also has a Lotus, Range Rover, and Monster F250 that must have at least a 12-inch lift.

I use to see folks stop to take pics of my trucks if I parked out in my front driveway. Now I see folks standing in my driving taking pics of my neighbor's cars...lol.

But hey, I got a new topper!

Old 09-21-2013, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by F8LSNAKE
Glad they took care of you. Seems like a good company to deal with. I can't wait to see the final result.
Yeah, first class for sure. I was hoping they could do something, but really didn't expect that as I know overnight shipping for those big, heavy items cost them a pretty penny.

They not only have my respect, but loyalty as well. I will be staying with them for sure when I move on to my next round of performance mods.

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 09-21-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:54 PM
I am actually looking to get that exhaust from Full Race as well but must admit I am new to customizations. I see they offer the exhaust with and without resonator. If this is a dumb question I apologize, but what should I get?

R

Old 09-21-2013, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by greenmotion
I am actually looking to get that exhaust from Full Race as well but must admit I am new to customizations. I see they offer the exhaust with and without resonator. If this is a dumb question I apologize, but what should I get?

R
I'd get the resonator because the ecoboosts sound like ricers. But resonators take out some of the harsher tones in an exhaust and lower the total sound volume, so it just depends how loud you want it. They don't affect flow very much either.

I agree that it's relative. We have a neighbor with a Viper, Ford GT, 911 turbo, and some other stuff. A buddy's parents have 15+ cars that range from a Miata to a Ferrari Maranello (or whatever it's supposed to be called), must be nice!

Old 09-21-2013, 05:44 PM
Thanks for your response. Since it is a bolt-on, I figured that perhaps it was possible to just get the exhaust and use the stock resonator. Like I said, I am new to customization and don't have the faintest clue as to where the resonator is normally located or what it does for that matter .. (thanks to your post, I now know what it does).

I just want to get a bit more of a rumble as far as that is possible with the V6, but also don't want it too loud. So I will take your advice and order it with the resonator when I am ready to get it.

I see you are in the Houston area. Any recommendations on a good shop to install it? (Do the regular Ford dealers install mods if you bring them the parts?)

Thanks again!

Old 09-21-2013, 08:40 PM

Funny though, not disputing what KAMCO just said, but the guys at Full Race recommended the non-resonated version as they said that would give me a "fuller" sound so that is what I ordered. I guess we won't know until all hooked up. I will also try and do a video so you can hear how it sounds.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:52 PM

These arrived today from Fred Goeske Racing:

I ordered 1.25 inch wheel adapters since I didn't want my factory wheels to be more than +12mm offset or so (I actually wanted 1-inch adpaters to give me a +18mm offset but Fred that was too thin for the lugs). But these are 1.5 inches (that he recommended anyway) so will basically give me a +6mm wheel. I am thinking that will push the Mickey Thompsons MTZs too far for my liking as I really didn't want my tires sticking that far past the fenders. Not going to be able to turn these around in time so guess I will just see how it looks and fits. If needed, I might have to go with some flares too.

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 09-22-2013 at 12:05 AM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 09-22-2013, 09:24 AM
I think that +6 offset will actually look good. Mine are +18 and wish they stuck out just a little more.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by F8LSNAKE
I think that +6 offset will actually look good. Mine are +18 and wish they stuck out just a little more.
Hope so. I had the +18mm offset on my lifted Plat and thought it looked pretty good (still gave an aggressive stance) and the wheel offset/tire combo didn't pepper the sides of my truck with debris.

I had +12mm offset wheels with MTs on my '11 XLT, and the sides of my truck were constantly getting peppered with road debris.

So with +6mm and MTs, I am sure it will just be worse. I also didn't want the "squat" look from wheels/tires being pushed too far out relative to height (which is why I think 0mm and negative offset wheels look better under +4 inch lifted trucks), but won't know until everything is mounted up!

If I don't like them, I can always just bite the bullet and get some aftermarket wheels after all.

Old 09-22-2013, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by greenmotion
Thanks for your response. Since it is a bolt-on, I figured that perhaps it was possible to just get the exhaust and use the stock resonator. Like I said, I am new to customization and don't have the faintest clue as to where the resonator is normally located or what it does for that matter .. (thanks to your post, I now know what it does).

I just want to get a bit more of a rumble as far as that is possible with the V6, but also don't want it too loud. So I will take your advice and order it with the resonator when I am ready to get it.

I see you are in the Houston area. Any recommendations on a good shop to install it? (Do the regular Ford dealers install mods if you bring them the parts?)

Thanks again!
Maybe wait until Desert Dawg installs his and inquire about how loud it is and how he likes it. I would think it possible to use the stock resonator, but I don't know where the Full Race system starts and the specs on it. It's hard for me recommend stuff on sound because my truck is loud as hell and I think it's too quiet . . .

If it is a true bolt-on, you could install it yourself. It usually isn't too hard, but it's always easier to let it be someone else's problem. I install all of my own stuff, so I'm not sure who could install it for you. I don't see why any shop couldn't do it if it's a bolt on with no welding. I know offroad/customization/performance shops do exhaust work, but it's usually bending their own pipe and doing it.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:55 AM

Took my FX4 running boards off yesterday. Truck looks a lot cleaner without them. So going to order my AMP Research power retreactable running boards today. Now I am anxiously awaiting for my Full Race exhaust and Fox/Icon system to be delivered today!

Quick Reply: Full Race