Full Race

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
Just a little bit longer!
Originally Posted by swiseuf
Updates!?!?
They need it for one more day. When I called, they were just finishing up the wiring on the Rigid LEDs, and so the ADD bumper is installed along with the Fox/Icon front suspension.

Tomorrow they try and fit the Mickey Thompson MTZs. They rolled them out earlier today and I was convinced they look too big (fat) but will have to wait and see after the adapters are installed and truck aligned. Then they install the Full Race exhaust system. So hopefully I will be getting it by late afternoon!

I get to go by around noon, so hoping to catch a pic of the truck on the lift with some of the work in progress.

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 09-24-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:43 PM
I can't wait to see this build. I Have a feeling I'll be getting some ideas for future mods.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:37 AM

Sounds good to me, and pretty quick! That's a lot of work, even for 2 days

Old 09-25-2013, 11:16 AM
We got pics yet..... its a day later...

Old 09-25-2013, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Westpoint
I can't wait to see this build. I Have a feeling I'll be getting some ideas for future mods.
Thanks Westpoint. This is the first build that I am sort of really nervous about since I am making changings to the body lines/styling by adding a completely new bumper. I am also nervous because I never really went for the "prerunner" look, but the bumper and exposed front tread will definitely give me that. And then I am trying to keep the truck classy looking at same time for use as a daily driver but with enough modifications to make it my weekend toy too. <shish>

Sounds good to me, and pretty quick! That's a lot of work, even for 2 days
I agree, but the exhaust system is a very easy install. In fact, I was originally going to install the exhaust and bumper myself as I love working on my vehicle(s), and have Desert Rat focus on the wheels/tires and suspension for me. But I needed to ship my bumper to Desert Rat in order to save significant shipping cost over delivery to my residence, so it made sense to just have them install it since it is already there (for only a couple hours’ worth of time). Also, once I saw the bumper, I am glad I made that decision because it is a pretty heavy item. Then to save time and effort, I just went ahead and had them do the exhaust too for very minimal cost.

Originally Posted by 99and04f150
We got pics yet..... its a day later...
hehe...leaving in an hour to get some pics! Will have some later this afternoon for sure.

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 09-25-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Desert Dawg
I agree, but the exhaust system is a very easy install. In fact, I was originally going to install the exhaust and bumper myself as I love working on my vehicle(s), and have Desert Rat focus on the wheels/tires and suspension for me. But I needed to ship my bumper to Desert Rat in order to save significant shipping cost over delivery to my residence, so it made sense to just have them install it since it is already there (for only a couple hours’ worth of time). Also, once I saw the bumper, I am glad I made that decision because it is a pretty heavy item. Then to save time and effort, I just went ahead and had them do the exhaust too for very minimal cost.

I'm also sure you've realized that nothing about modifying a vehicle is ever as "easy" as we think going in! My exhaust was supposed to be a direct bolt on, but it turned into shortening this pipe to make that pipe fit, and then shoehorning this into that haha. I gotta budget 3-4 times the estimated time for anything I do, even the simplest of tasks.

Looking forward to seeing it before heading off to the drag strip tonight!

Old 09-25-2013, 12:34 PM

I'm also sure you've realized that nothing about modifying a vehicle is ever as "easy" as we think going in! My exhaust was supposed to be a direct bolt on, but it turned into shortening this pipe to make that pipe fit, and then shoehorning this into that haha. I gotta budget 3-4 times the estimated time for anything I do, even the simplest of tasks.

Looking forward to seeing it before heading off to the drag strip tonight!
Oh, I am very aware of that for sure....been modding vehicles for a very long time, and have done a lot of different venues too...lol. But honestly, I researched the Full Race products very thoroughly and convinced there would be no issues, and even the ADD bumper install went very well despite some concerns there. But it's not over until it's over, so hopefully no last minute snags. If anything, I am expecting the tires to be the biggest issue (fitment wise).

Very cool on going to the dragstrip...should be fun! I love going but never entered any of my own vehicles.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Desert Dawg
Oh, I am very aware of that for sure....been modding vehicles for a very long time, and have done a lot of different venues too...lol. But honestly, I researched the Full Race products very thoroughly and convinced there would be no issues, and even the ADD bumper install went very well despite some concerns there. But it's not over until it's over, so hopefully no last minute snags. If anything, I am expecting the tires to be the biggest issue (fitment wise).

Very cool on going to the dragstrip...should be fun! I love going but never entered any of my own vehicles.
I'm glad it's been smooth thus far. I'm sure knowing what you're doing and having experience helps, I'm usually doing stuff for the first time and having to figure it out. But I guess we'll know soon enough about them tires!

I love going and have always been too scared to enter my vehicles too, no insurance at the track! My buddy almost put his father's M5 into the wall once (his dad let him take it too). It's on Texas World Speedway's infield. No tree, no timer, street style arm drops. It'll certainly be different from what I'm used to.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:32 PM

Okay, was able to drop by and take a couple of pics. They were working on the new ADD Venom bumper still and was busy in front of the truck so didn't get a pic of it as I was in the way, but from what I saw it looks pretty good. It's tucked into the truck more than I thought so very clean but tough looking. They are still doing some minor adjustments and had to fab up a bracket for the hood release mechanism. I am surprised ADD didn't have something to address that so will have to close the loop with them on making something that works with their bumper. But Desert Rat did an amazing job and really taking their time.

I did get a quick pic of the Full Race exhaust; looks amazing and they were polishing it up all nice and shiney for me too. The truck was still high on the rack so could not hear the exhaust yet.

Work still in progress:

Stock bumper all wrapped up:

New Full Race 3-inch Cat Back Exhaust installed:

1.5-inch Alcoa Aluminum wheel adapters installed:

Front Fox 2.5 Remote Reservoir Coil Overs and Icon UCAs installed:

All that is left to do is adjust from the coil overs, complete the alignment, and hopefully mount/fit the tires. Desert Rat may not be able to get the tires done as I need to pick up my vehicle by the end of the day in order to get to the airport for my trip out. If that is the case, I'll have to wait a full week before everything is done.

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 09-25-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:39 PM

Why are the tires such a big issue? Is it not just a mount, balance, and throw them on to see if they fit? And if not, do some trimming?

Looks good so far though!

Old 09-25-2013, 03:44 PM
What a tease you Dawg..... Anxious to see her complete!

Old 09-25-2013, 03:51 PM

Why are the tires such a big issue? Is it not just a mount, balance, and throw them on to see if they fit? And if not, do some trimming?

Looks good so far though!
I agree, not a big issue to mount the tires but I think they might run out of time if they have to fiddle around with trimming and such. I know they spent more time on the front bumper than originally planned (gee...didn't someone just say that something always takes more time?....lol). But they also have other projects that they're trying to push out. The Desert Rat shop here is a pretty busy place so I know they are juggling a few things around today.

<edit> forgot, they also have to install the rear replacement blocks too.

Originally Posted by 99and04f150
What a tease you Dawg..... Anxious to see her complete!
lol...yeah, I guess so! Hopefully I am not teasing up for a big let down!

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 09-25-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:59 PM
Looking good

Old 09-25-2013, 04:47 PM

Looks good Dawg! Only thing I question is why FOX would design the Rezzy mount to sit on the top of the coil bucket. King's mounts behind the tow hooks. I would think mounting atop the bucket would collect heat from the block and manifolds.

-Curtis-

Old 09-25-2013, 05:00 PM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Look's great so far...can't wait to see the end result!

Quick Reply: Full Race