2009 - 2014 F-150

Power sliding rear window stopped working :-(

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 07:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power sliding rear window stopped working :-(

I've had the truck a little over a year now... I had noticed intermittently that the rear window would not work... Now it's completely stopped working.

Anyone else have a problem with their sliding rear window? Just curious what the fix was in hopes of avoiding multiple trips to the dealership if I'm able to point them in a direction.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:37 AM
I have the same problem as well, at first it would stick and then go if I held the button long enough or keep trying every few minutes or so but now my also has stopped completely. If you figure out the problem please let me know. Thank you.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Update... Dropped the truck off last week. In addition to the rear window, I had them check the transmission for the shudder issue and overall crappy performance, and my key fob was barely working.

Rear window - they replaced the switch in the overhead and it works fine now

Transmission - flashed/reset the computer or whatever it is they do... Now drives like it did when new. I hadn't realized how bad it had gotten until I drove it after they flashed it. Night and day.

Key fob - the same flash for the trans seemed to resolve the key fob issue. Now will unlock without multiple pushes of the button and remote start works consistently.

So all is working as it should now.

Here's my concern... Only 17,500 miles on the truck and it got THAT out of whack electronically... Will this be fixed for good or will the dang thing be doing this every 15k miles or so... I guess time will tell...

Old 11-12-2013, 03:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rear window switch

I was having some issues with my switch as well but did find that if you pushed up on the area where the switch is that it worked fine, but who wants to do that repeatedly. I just never use it any more.
FS

Quick Reply: Power sliding rear window stopped working :-(