2009 - 2014 F-150

Factory wheel discoloration

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 01:42 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ibcop
Was at the dealer today - looked at three different sets of 20" wheels and all had the same thing I have. From what I was told, this is a normal thing. The wheels are a "charcoal" (as Ford said) color , then given the black "accents" (as Ford said) to "enhance" the appearance. I'm okay with it as long as I don't have any issues further down the road.
That's gotta be in the top 5 list of all-time BS answers given by a stealership.

"Accents" to "enhance" the appearance, eh? Yeah...I guess it's all in how you look at, but it sure looks like black overspray to me.

More and more we're all being told that our valid concerns are not concerns at all...the issues are considered "normal". However, explaining this particular concern as an "enhancement"?? Yeah, that's a new one!

Old 10-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DewserB
That's gotta be in the top 5 list of all-time BS answers given by a stealership.

"Accents" to "enhance" the appearance, eh? Yeah...I guess it's all in how you look at, but it sure looks like black overspray to me.

More and more we're all being told that our valid concerns are not concerns at all...the issues are considered "normal". However, explaining this particular concern as an "enhancement"?? Yeah, that's a new one!
Oh, I hear ya but after looking at three other sets of wheels (2 on new units and one set on a daily driver), I'm okay with the explanation.

And it's never Ford's fault.

Quick Reply: Factory wheel discoloration