2009 - 2014 F-150

FX4 Taste, STX Budget (STX owners please chime in)

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 02:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by restoring
We got our 2013 STX 4x4 extended cab on 09-31-13. The rebate was pretty good.

Ours has the rubber floor and I have to admit that so far I love it. The truck is really quiet on the road. We're just going to get a few decent floor mats and run with it the way it is. I'm actually starting to prefer it over carpet.

The lack of a center console sucks... allot. However, I plan on trying to get my hands on a decent console out of a wrecked truck and swapping it into the truck in place of the weird jump seat thing that's currently between the two front bucket seats. There is a very small storage bin under the jump seat and a cup holder slides forward out of the bottom of it. That being said, it's a PITA to get my mug in and out of that damned thing while driving if I have the back of the seat folded down as an armrest.
Congrats on the nice truck. we have the same likes and gripes on our stx's. I have seen A LOT of new STX trucks in my area lately. They really make for a great no nonsense truck with many nice features. If you have the 5.0 see if you get an mpg boost with higher octane. I did for sure.

Old 10-23-2013, 03:47 AM

There's no way the markup is 3-4% on a new vehicle. Multiply it by 10 and you'd be closer haha. It should be ~20% (wide range). But then again MSRP and mark-up aren't the same thing . . .

But I don't know if getting $300 off a RAM is any kind of negotiating weapon. It can't hurt, but it's such a low value.

Last edited by KMAC0694; 10-23-2013 at 03:49 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by Nihilus
Congrats on the nice truck. we have the same likes and gripes on our stx's. I have seen A LOT of new STX trucks in my area lately. They really make for a great no nonsense truck with many nice features. If you have the 5.0 see if you get an mpg boost with higher octane. I did for sure.
How much of a boost did you get using what octane fuel?

Old 10-24-2013, 12:33 PM
I can take advantage of Ford's X plan pricing here, but I am not going to be in the market for a new vehicle for a long time and my next vehicle won't be a truck. I intend to keep the one I have and buy a Focus ST or something for a DD. Congrats on the new truck!

Old 10-28-2013, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by restoring
How much of a boost did you get using what octane fuel?
With a very consistent schedule, I over 1 mpg better going to 89 octane. It was about a wash after the increase in price but still worth it for the extra range. I ca get 19.5 mpg using 89 octane over 36 gallons. NEVER hit 19 mpg with 87 octane.

Quick Reply: FX4 Taste, STX Budget (STX owners please chime in)