2009 - 2014 F-150

6" lift

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 05:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pockets
Ever since I added the exhaust it has gone to sh#t .... I was doing allright up until that point haha
Sounds pretty good when you step on it, eh?

Old 10-25-2013, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love my bds, but that's what i have, so don't know how the others are in comparison. I did have a fabtech lift on my 01, and haven't noticed any major differences. I do wish however the powder coating would have stuck better. I have a 10 with the 5.4 and 3.73's. I get average 12.2 mpg, city mainly.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pockets
Ever since I added the exhaust it has gone to sh#t .... I was doing allright up until that point haha
Because we have the same catback, I know what you mean! But imagine how bad I am with the long tubes . . . It's literally 100% impossible for me to drive around slowly - I've tried.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by fordmantpw
and my '08 SD gets 36 mpg going through my small town...

doubtful. I had multiple tuned Sd trucks. If you're going by the lie o meter they are outrageously inaccurate. If that is anywhere close to true, you have set the new mileage world record for SD.

As stated above, I'm used to lifted solid axle 2500 trucks so the ride of my fx4 is night and day difference at the moment. I'm just curious as to everyone's opinion that has put some miles on a 6'' lift. Anyone in the coil over crowd have some input?

Old 10-26-2013, 06:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by One2nine
doubtful. I had multiple tuned Sd trucks. If you're going by the lie o meter they are outrageously inaccurate. If that is anywhere close to true, you have set the new mileage world record for SD.

As stated above, I'm used to lifted solid axle 2500 trucks so the ride of my fx4 is night and day difference at the moment. I'm just curious as to everyone's opinion that has put some miles on a 6'' lift. Anyone in the coil over crowd have some input?
I thought it was obvious that it was a play on numbers. Just lilke the guy that gets 17 lifted and on 33's through a major metropolitan area. See, you can pick numbers any time you want to get good ones.

And yes, I DO get 36 MPG on my SD from the time I fill up to the spot I turn off the main road into my drive. It is down hill, but hey, we get to cherry pick numbers, right?

And yes, I know all about the lie-o-meter. Mine reads about .5-1 mpg high.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by fordmantpw
I thought it was obvious that it was a play on numbers. Just lilke the guy that gets 17 lifted and on 33's through a major metropolitan area. See, you can pick numbers any time you want to get good ones.
In neutral rolling down a hill at 60 mph my '99 gets ~90 mpg.

At the time of that post I had been driving the same route every day and night for better than a year. Hills and stoplights had to be timed perfectly. During the day, going to work I had to fight traffic so the trip average was closer to a hair under 15 mpg. On the way back (around midnight with virtually no traffic and ~55mph) it got 19-20 mpg. My tank average was always right around 17 mpg according to the ScanGauge 2 and verified at each fill-up.

I'm a hypermiler in case you're wondering. No exotic techniques in my pickup, however (no shutting off the engine or neutral-coasting, etc.). I haven't driven it enough to figure the MPG since I replaced the engine a month or so ago.

Quick Reply: 6" lift