2009 - 2014 F-150

How many miles on EB?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by risupercrewman
Show me one that has worked for 200K miles with no engine work & maybe I'll think about getting one! Til them I'll stick with what I know will last!
I can show you a few with that mileage but im not sure what you call real world mileage, these are drove 800 miles a day 5 days a week tire testing. They are 100 percent highway miles therefore thats why they haven't had many things go wrong with them, highway miles are the easiest miles you can put on a vehicle. Id have no problem buying a high mileage highway runner compared to a high mileage stop and go driving.

Ive got over 15k on mine in 6 months and have no worries hitting 150k in a few years.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wanna see an Eco-Boost with 200K real world mileage with no engine/turbo work! Then I'll be a believer!
Is 200k the new standard for a reliable engine? And we only have to show you one? Geez!

Old 11-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got 9k on mine, delivered 21st of June this year. Should slow down a bit since winter is hitting and the boat will stay in the garage.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Another thing is I could never get used to a big truck with a V-6 Ricer exhaust tone after driving V8's my whole life! Lol

Old 11-12-2013, 02:38 AM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Another thing is I could never get used to a big truck with a V-6 Ricer exhaust tone after driving V8's my whole life! Lol
NOW the truth comes out - you EB haters just don't like the sound.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:19 AM
You guys realize that the EcoBoost trucks DO come with radios, right?

Seriously, I've been driving trucks my entire life, and I don't listen to the exhaust note unless I want to. That's why I always have the tunes on! Of course, sometimes I just turn the radio down to listen to my diesel purr, or the turbos spool.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:28 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Last edited by KingRanchCoy; 11-12-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fordmantpw
You guys realize that the EcoBoost trucks DO come with radios, right?

Seriously, I've been driving trucks my entire life, and I don't listen to the exhaust note unless I want to. That's why I always have the tunes on! Of course, sometimes I just turn the radio down to listen to my diesel purr, or the turbos spool.
There's always going to be that mouth breathing, booger eating segment of society that feels the need to beat their chest anyway possible to gather attention for themselves. The loud truck is just another part of the equation along with tight Affliction t-shirts, straight pipes on a bike and false bravado. They believe this outward show of perceived coolness makes them look good. However, it just lets the world know they have to stand really close to the urinal to avoid pi$$ing on the floor.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:12 PM
glc
I suppose it never occurred to some of you that some people actually PREFER the sound of a healthy V-6 to a V-8? Also, some people don't want to hear ANYTHING?

Just get one of these:

http://www.gizmag.com/soundracer-v8-video-review/14019/

Old 11-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Wookie
There's always going to be that mouth breathing, booger eating segment of society that feels the need to beat their chest anyway possible to gather attention for themselves. The loud truck is just another part of the equation along with tight Affliction t-shirts, straight pipes on a bike and false bravado. They believe this outward show of perceived coolness makes them look good. However, it just lets the world know they have to stand really close to the urinal to avoid pi$$ing on the floor.
I have to stand close to the urinal too, but I don't do all that other stuff!

Old 11-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by fordmantpw
I have to stand close to the urinal too, but I don't do all that other stuff!
At least you're honest about it.

Old 11-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Wookie
Some of us just don't want a truck to sound like a Honda Civic Turbo! LOL By the way I pee just fine & use the short urinal cause I need the extra room! .........

Old 11-12-2013, 04:38 PM
glc
Oh come on - there's absolutely no way a 4 banger sounds like a V-6.

Old 11-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Some of us just don't want a truck to sound like a Honda Civic Turbo! LOL By the way I pee just fine & use the short urinal cause I need the extra room! .........
Sucks to have short legs, doesn't it?

Old 11-12-2013, 04:50 PM
There's a difference between being stupid and bragging about it, now you're bragging. Civics never came with a factory installed turbo and a turbo actually makes the exhaust quieter. If you can't tell the difference between a V6 and a 4 cylinder you need your ears checked because those obnoxious look at me pipes on your hardly have made you deaf.

All that extra room is just gonna increase the splatters on your pants.

Quick Reply: How many miles on EB?