2009 - 2014 F-150

Bluetooth & AC randomly turn off and on

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth & AC randomly turn off and on

I have a 2010 F150 King Ranch with about 63,000 miles. The AC and Bluetooth are randomly turning off and on. I have tried to isolate them so I turned Bluetooth off but the AC will still turn off and on and vice versa. Occasionally the battery indicator will flash twice and the transaction control will also come on but these two indicators coming on are much less frequent than the Bluetooth and AC problem. Also, when I drive at night it seems as if the lights get brighter when I give the truck gas.

My truck was doing this a little during the summer so I took it to Ford and they replaced the battery and alternator and it seemed to be okay for a while but it came back and now is much more frequent than before.

Has anyone experienced this before? I hate to just take it to the dealership without having an idea as to what possible problems are.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:47 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Go to a parts store and get the alternator and battery load tested in the parking lot (no charge). If either tests bad, go back to Ford, even if you paid for the repair the battery and alternator should have a 12 month/12k mile warranty, including labor.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth & AC randomly turn off and on