2009 - 2014 F-150

Cell Phone Remote Start?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by phowler
I installed the Ford Remote Access on my 2013 FX4 in my garage, it was then set-up by the online dealer I purchased the kit from. $410.00 shipped. I suggest doing more research before you go aftermarket as I don't think aftermarket units will work with your auto climate controls. There are several threads on the subject on various F150 sites.

Here ya go;

m.f150forum.com/showthread.php?t...
So you purchased this http://accessories.ford.com/aerial-asy-10667.html the remote access module. And the system works? Ford's webpage states in the link that the Vehicle Security Kit 19A361 must also be purchased. Looking here (http://accessories.ford.com/electron...-security.html), the cheapest Vehicle Security Kit is ~$160.

If you've managed to get the Remote Access to work without this, then it is definitely more reasonable than the near $750 that Ford appears to want for the system.

Last edited by BigTRQ; 02-18-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:33 PM
My truck already had the security system factory installed as it came with the standard 100 series remote start which is the lock / unlock / start buttons on the key. If your truck has a switch on the driver side along the inside of the fender you likely have the security system. It's the hood switch. If you'd like I can get you the part number of the kit I purchased and the place I bought it from when I get home from work. Disclaimer; everything I'm telling you may be wrong if Ford or their supplier has changed something with this kit in the last couple months.

I purchased my kit thru All Star Automotive in Baton Rouge LA. At that time I bought the kit brand new off EBay. Zachery was the guy who handled the eBay sale and also the one I called after installation to set it up.
Yes, as I sat in my truck in my garage in Iowa he programmed the system from his shop in Louisiana.

Last edited by phowler; 02-19-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by txsmokeater
My wife's 2013 Explorer doesn't have remote start, and she was jealous of my F150 having it. Yes the dealership wanted $800 to install and then you would have an extra key fob to carry because her key didn't have a blank for that. So I checked with the local stereo shop. They can install a unit for $300, and it works off the 'lock' button, press it 3x and the vehicle starts. So go check you local shops for an aftermarket kit.
Ford sells a remote start kit for explorers that uses a 5 button integrated key. i have them here and i have installed plenty in the past on Explorers and Edges. if your key currently has Lock, unlock, panic, hatch release, then you need the 5 button integrated or if you have only 3 buttons in use then buy the 4 button key fob with remote start. I have both kits. You can visit me at Helfman Ford and i can cut and program the two new Ford keys and activate your wife's remote start.

Old 02-22-2014, 02:59 PM
Ford Remote Access is a great addition. I have been using mine since last summer. Installation is VERY easy and if you have Factory remote start there is no need to reprogram the on board computer. I stock these kits and I can activate them over the internet. There is a $49 yearly fee but to me, that is well worth having this option. This system has the option to send you text/ email alerts to your phone if the alarm is triggered. You can also lock, unlock, remote start from the internet by going to my.fordremoteaccess.com This is one of my favorite accessories on our Truck.

I am here to help if anyone has any questions.....

Sal

Old 08-16-2015, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by phowler
My truck already had the security system factory installed as it came with the standard 100 series remote start which is the lock / unlock / start buttons on the key. If your truck has a switch on the driver side along the inside of the fender you likely have the security system. It's the hood switch. If you'd like I can get you the part number of the kit I purchased and the place I bought it from when I get home from work. Disclaimer; everything I'm telling you may be wrong if Ford or their supplier has changed something with this kit in the last couple months.

I purchased my kit thru All Star Automotive in Baton Rouge LA. At that time I bought the kit brand new off EBay. Zachery was the guy who handled the eBay sale and also the one I called after installation to set it up.
Yes, as I sat in my truck in my garage in Iowa he programmed the system from his shop in Louisiana.
I have a 2014 Lariat with factory remote start and perimeter security. Sounds like I don't need to purchase the "security system" that the website says I need. I can get the remote access from Tasca for $310. I think I'm gonna get it now.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by Sal FX4
Ford sells a remote start kit for explorers that uses a 5 button integrated key. i have them here and i have installed plenty in the past on Explorers and Edges. if your key currently has Lock, unlock, panic, hatch release, then you need the 5 button integrated or if you have only 3 buttons in use then buy the 4 button key fob with remote start. I have both kits. You can visit me at Helfman Ford and i can cut and program the two new Ford keys and activate your wife's remote start.

Sal,

I have a 2014 FX4 with remote start what do I need to purchase to get the cell phone remote start?

Thanks,
Dan

Old 03-08-2016, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by CarolinaDan
Sal,

I have a 2014 FX4 with remote start what do I need to purchase to get the cell phone remote start?

Thanks,
Dan
Search this item number on eBay, 351671912420. This may be all you need. Do some research before you buy though. It's been a couple years since I installed mine and I really haven't kept up with possible changes since then. When I started looking into this 2 years ago I found a 50 plus page thread on one of the F150 forums. By the time I got through that I knew exactly what I needed and where to get it.

Quick Reply: Cell Phone Remote Start?