2009 - 2014 F-150

New 2014 F150 Ecoboost with 2.5" Autospring Leveling Kit & 35's

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 04:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish I could get mine to look like that. I tried, but ran into a seemingly unique issue. Did you have any issues getting the shocks back in the lower control arm? I know this /should/ be a simple job - but I spent 4 hours trying to pry the shock back in and couldn't get it to budge. It simply would not compress to get into the pocket.

The only other option I saw was to remove the entire knuckle from the LCA so the arm could go down lower. I wasn't prepared to do that on a Sunday night - especially since nobody else seems to be having this issue. The 4x4 axle seemed to be limiting the travel.

Fortunately, this was on the first/drivers side, so I just put it all back together to regroup.

Old 04-06-2015, 05:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jason Talley
I wish I could get mine to look like that. I tried, but ran into a seemingly unique issue. Did you have any issues getting the shocks back in the lower control arm? I know this /should/ be a simple job - but I spent 4 hours trying to pry the shock back in and couldn't get it to budge. It simply would not compress to get into the pocket.

The only other option I saw was to remove the entire knuckle from the LCA so the arm could go down lower. I wasn't prepared to do that on a Sunday night - especially since nobody else seems to be having this issue. The 4x4 axle seemed to be limiting the travel.

Fortunately, this was on the first/drivers side, so I just put it all back together to regroup.
The instructions for my 2014 AutoSpring kit said to remove the 2 LCA bolts and drop the LCA down. That method worked for me. Luckily I had a friend helping. It would have been difficult to get the LCA back into place and put the large bolts back in. Not that 1 guy can't do it but it makes it easier with an extra set of hands.

Old 04-06-2015, 06:26 PM
That was the next step - but we were 4 hours in and running out of daylight. And I was frustrated b/c in every freaking video, its wham, bam, thank you ma'm for putting everything back together.

There was even one vid (daystar I think) that they didn't even pull the shock out! It stayed connected to the lca.

Thanks for the info - I read the instructions for the autospring. Interesting they say you only need to pull the front bolt out. We'll see.

Old 04-06-2015, 08:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jason Talley
That was the next step - but we were 4 hours in and running out of daylight. And I was frustrated b/c in every freaking video, its wham, bam, thank you ma'm for putting everything back together.

There was even one vid (daystar I think) that they didn't even pull the shock out! It stayed connected to the lca.

Thanks for the info - I read the instructions for the autospring. Interesting they say you only need to pull the front bolt out. We'll see.
My instructions said to pull them both out and we did and dropped the whole thing down.
I also have something better than floor jacks and jack stands to work off from, so that makes most jobs easier as well.

Name:  SAM_0274_zps39d63677.jpg
Views: 4513
Size:  42.7 KB

Old 04-10-2015, 11:34 PM
Took about 4 hours tonight. I cheated- I wish I would have purchased the autosprings now since I had to use their instructions. In hind sight, it would have been worth the $20 difference.

Anyway, the key for a 2013 (at least) is to pull the front bolt out of the LCA to be able to get that shock back in the pocket. Once we did that, I used the BFH to force it in, and things went back together nicely. It would have been a bit shorter, but we had to go fishing for a shock nut that fell.

Front and back sit at 39" now. It was at 36.25 and 39. I hope the front will settle a little bit after getting aligned. Now, I need to figure out what tires to get. I'm thinking 275x65x20 to get a nice aggressive pavement princess look. It's only got to get the boat up and down the ramp. I'll see if I have enough juice to post pics tomorrow when I can take some more pics.

Old 04-13-2015, 01:54 AM
How can I duplicate the look with my 13 2wd?

I really like everything about the front end. The body height, tire height and wheel width.

Any advice achieving this on a 2wd would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: New 2014 F150 Ecoboost with 2.5" Autospring Leveling Kit & 35's