2009 - 2014 F-150

Crappy Air Conditioning-Has Anyone Thought About A Class Action Suit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 01:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nascar99ford
If you get bored, here is a video I did last year. Using just A/C (non-max A/C) is absolutely worthless. Sorry for all the random talking in the video. Skip ahead to 5:10 just to see just my truck. There is also a 1997 F-250 and a 2009 Mustang Bullitt in the video as a comparison.

http://youtu.be/giCKpzOGuqM
nascar99ford,

I've watched your video before and I think that our trucks are related. Has yours always been like that, or did something change?

Good luck at the dealer. Hopefully it is just under charged.

Take Care

Green Gem

Old 08-24-2014, 11:16 PM
No, mine has always been like that. I mentioned the A/C performance the last 2 dealership visits. First visit, the dealership said as long as the A/C is blowing out 20 degrees cooler than the outside temp, it is within spec, which can't be right... And the second I mentioned how rough the truck idles with the A/C on. I asked him if they even checked the pressures and he said "You should always ride with the Max A/C on because you will get better fuel mileage." That isn't even a statement that addresses anything I mentioned. Even though I love the truck, I think for should give me an extended warranty for all the issues.
22,000 miles I've had...
1.Driver's door speaker
2. Oil pressure needle quit lighting up
3. Squeaky drivers seat
4.Hard shift going into 2nd.
5.Squeaky drivers seat again
6. Squeaky seat again, Cruise light would stay lit green all the time, even with the truck off.
7.TPMS and Cruise light came on and stayed on with the truck off, key in my pocket.
8. ROUGH idle, and the typical shutter in 6th gear around 55 mph going up a hill.
9. A/C not the best
10. Squeaky seat again
11. Clunking when coming to a stop
12. SYNC keeps locking up (fix is to unhook the battery)
13. Fuel door spring broke

All I really want is a smooth running truck with a great A/C. I hope Ford addresses these issues for the future buyers. My idle is so bad sometimes that people sitting with me are like "What is wrong with your truck?"

I did add the remote start so it makes the summer a little more bearable.

I really think the A/C could be good in this truck. When you're riding down the road it gets real cold for about 3 seconds and warms up to a point where the air feels like non-a/c air, then cold again, then "cool", then warm, then cold.... etc. Regular A/C does nothing.

Last edited by nascar99ford; 08-24-2014 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:35 AM
No, mine has always been like that. I mentioned the A/C performance the last 2 dealership visits. First visit, the dealership said as long as the A/C is blowing out 20 degrees cooler than the outside temp, it is within spec, which can't be right... And the second I mentioned how rough the truck idles with the A/C on. I asked him if they even checked the pressures and he said "You should always ride with the Max A/C on because you will get better fuel mileage." That isn't even a statement that addresses anything I mentioned. Even though I love the truck, I think for should give me an extended warranty for all the issues.
22,000 miles I've had...
1.Driver's door speaker
3. Squeaky drivers seat
6. Squeaky seat again, Cruise light would stay lit green all the time, even with the truck off.
7.TPMS and Cruise light came on and stayed on with the truck off, key in my pocket.
8. ROUGH idle, and the typical shutter in 6th gear around 55 mph going up a hill.
9. A/C not the best
10. Squeaky seat again

All I really want is a smooth running truck with a great A/C. I hope Ford addresses these issues for the future buyers. My idle is so bad sometimes that people sitting with me are like "What is wrong with your truck?"

I really think the A/C could be good in this truck. When you're riding down the road it gets real cold for about 3 seconds and warms up to a point where the air feels like non-a/c air, then cold again, then "cool", then warm, then cold.... etc. Regular A/C does nothing.
nascar99ford,

I hear you. My truck has slightly over 28,000 Kms. on it.

My first issue was small. It had the separating rear Ford logo issue. It was replaced.

It was in to reprogram the transmission to fix the hunting issue at slow speeds.

My instrument cluster occasionally changes screens all on its own. They will never find the cause of that.

The truck has had three catalytic converters and an O2 sensor.

It was in to have the snapping/popping issue in the driveline repaired (kit installed in the pinion).

The rubber seals on the door stops cracked and had to be replaced.

My driver's seat changes positions on its own.

You know about my A/C issue.

I realigned the rear bumper because it was almost a 1/2" low/high on one side.

I also fixed the cover on the bottom of the short rear seat. The plastic pieces that join at the rear to hold the pieces together were never snapped into position.

Still to deal with is the rubber moulding below the driver's door that is curling up like an accordian. The rubber pieces beside the rad have issues too. One distorts and will not stay in place and one is tearing.

I think that is about it.

Good luck getting things sorted out witk out with your truck.

Green Gem

Old 08-25-2014, 09:56 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Green Gem
Nick,

It is impossible to continue working with someone when they stop responding.

Where is Brittany located?

Green Gem
Hey Green Gem,

I've sent your request to be contacted to Brittany. She let me know she'll be reaching out to you today.

Originally Posted by JohnBoy88
Mine is awful too. I've just kinda been dealing with it because I love the rest of the truck so much.
Originally Posted by Patman
Started parked in the hot sunny driveway, drove 5 min, parked under a shade tree
Max AC on
Fan speed on 4

waited 30 minutes (outside of lowes)

Started under shade tree, drove 5 min back home
Max AC on
Fan speed 3

My 2000 Camry DD (sold) would freeze your *** out on start ups
My 2003 F150 with electric fans will get down to 40 in 100* heat
22,000 miles I've had...
1.Driver's door speaker
3. Squeaky drivers seat
9. A/C not the best
10. Squeaky seat again

Hey JohnBoy88, Patman, and nascar99ford,

I'd like to look into this for you. Shoot me a PM with your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number.

Nick

Old 08-25-2014, 10:47 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Green Gem View Post
Nick,

That sounds like a plan, but Britteny stopped responding.

Originally Posted by FordService
Hey Green Gem,

Half of our team is located in Michigan and the other half is in Florida. I'm one of the lucky ones that get to experience the endless summer of Florida. Please continue working with Brittany on this moving forward, as she's your best point of contact.

Nick
See bold and bold. Does anyone in corporate America even bother to read any more???

Green, Does your state have a lemon law?

Old 08-25-2014, 11:02 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Nick,

Nick, do you actually work in Michigan like your heading suggests?

Green Gem

Hey Green Gem,

Half of our team is located in Michigan and the other half is in Florida. I'm one of the lucky ones that get to experience the endless summer of Florida. Please continue working with Brittany on this moving forward, as she's your best point of contact.

Nick

Does anybody else besides me see a problem with this??? A FORD rep that lists his location as Michigan, where Ford is head quartered, when he's actually in Florida. AFIK FORD has no corporate offices in Florida so that tells me that he most likely is in a call center operated by someone else and probably doesn't even work directly for Ford! That would certainly explain why they constantly dodge the issue of letting customers talk to someone in Ford's corporate office!

I have a 2010 F-150 and SO FAR I've had little trouble with it but seeing crap like this and other horror stories such as the one with the guy that's had his Eco-boost engine totally replaced three times and yet Ford Corporate refuses to contact him, make me question whether I made a foolish decision in buying a Ford! I also now refuse to recommend Ford products to my friend's and others.

Discuss.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:33 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
Hey JohnBoy88, Patman, and nascar99ford,

I'd like to look into this for you. Shoot me a PM with your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number.

Nick
Nick I haven't taken mine in at all for AC complaint. Gonna look it over myself when I have time. Unless Ford comes out with a TSB for the issue

Old 08-25-2014, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by Patman
Nick I haven't taken mine in at all for AC complaint. Gonna look it over myself when I have time. Unless Ford comes out with a TSB for the issue
Understood, Patman. If you decide to take it in for your Ford Dealer to inspect, shoot me a PM with the previously requested info and I'll see how I can best assist.

Nick

Old 08-25-2014, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by joe51
... AFIK FORD has no corporate offices in Florida ...
You're absolutely right. Our team is split between the two offices. Ford is global, and so is our workforce. I'm happy to help all the same.

Nick

Old 08-25-2014, 09:40 PM
Nick,

I typed a response, but hit something and lost it. Both you and Crystal contacted Brittany. Thanks for that. Brittany contacted me and I gave my angry response. Check the other forum.

Why would I want to go through the same useless loop all over again.

Green Gem

Old 08-27-2014, 11:07 AM
My 2013 XLT was sub par! However My 2011 Platinum is great! its 95* plus everyday here In Texas and it works great. But my 2013 would take forever, Almost as bad as my 2006 Cummins.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:24 PM
Nick,

Nick, do you actually work in Michigan like your heading suggests?

Green Gem

Does anybody else besides me see a problem with this??? A FORD rep that lists his location as Michigan, where Ford is head quartered, when he's actually in Florida. AFIK FORD has no corporate offices in Florida so that tells me that he most likely is in a call center operated by someone else and probably doesn't even work directly for Ford! That would certainly explain why they constantly dodge the issue of letting customers talk to someone in Ford's corporate office!

I have a 2010 F-150 and SO FAR I've had little trouble with it but seeing crap like this and other horror stories such as the one with the guy that's had his Eco-boost engine totally replaced three times and yet Ford Corporate refuses to contact him, make me question whether I made a foolish decision in buying a Ford! I also now refuse to recommend Ford products to my friend's and others.

Discuss.
I too have a major problem with this issue. I can't prove it, but I suspect that my Ford rep., Brittany, is working out of Michigan or Florida. Her contact information lists her as being from Ford in Oakville, Ontario.

Well, I once lived in Oakville and my late father retired from the truck plant in Oakville after 35 years with Ford. I mentioned some things to Brittany about Oakville and those comments were totally ignored. I wonder if she has ever been to Oakville.

Another thing is that when dealing with call centres, the contacts probably are not even using their real names.

Listen to the language. Thank you for reaching out, suggestions to take it to the dealer, cannot put you in contact with Ford engineering, etc., etc. They are spouting things from their call centre canned comment list. They can only help with minor issues and have no power to do anything. Once they contact a dealer on your behalf, it only pisses of the dealer.

In the good old days, you could get a representative to meet you right at your dealership.

Green Gem

Old 08-27-2014, 12:38 PM
Nick,

That sounds like a plan, but Britteny stopped responding.

See bold and bold. Does anyone in corporate America even bother to read any more???

Green, Does your state have a lemon law?
joe51,

I'm in Canada and to the best of my knowledge, there are no lemon laws up here.

Actually, I don't want a new truck, I just want this one repaired.

Take Care

Green Gem

Old 08-27-2014, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by HessFx4
My 2013 XLT was sub par! However My 2011 Platinum is great! its 95* plus everyday here In Texas and it works great. But my 2013 would take forever, Almost as bad as my 2006 Cummins.
HessFx4,

Thanks for the information. I'm glad that you at least have one that works.

Is there any way that you could give a comparison of the vent temperatures?

Take Care

Green Gem

Old 08-28-2014, 02:54 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
One thing i thought of on my truck is that 90 percent of my drive every day is highway driving.. I start the truck up, go down our 2 mile road then on the highway for 15 miles then around the loop for another 5 miles ( all 65 and 70 mph)and i park the truck under a carport at the shop. At the end of the day i take the same route home. Always have around 42 degrees vent temps.

Today i took the truck to lunch and parked it in a shady spot while we ate, came back out started it up and drove through town and dropped the wife off at work then went back to the shop.. the ac flat out sucked when driving through town for about 15 minutes with stop and go driving. As SOON as i got back on the highway the ac temp dropped drastically.

I didn't have the thermometer with me today but id bet it was blowing about 55 to 60 degrees around town and once on the highway it was back down around the 42 degree mark fast. Now if i exit off the highway then cruise through town the ac does not get any warmer it stays just as cold as it was.

So wonder why it has such a hard time cooling when starting off in town but when coming off the highway through town it stays cold?

Quick Reply: Crappy Air Conditioning-Has Anyone Thought About A Class Action Suit?