2009 - 2014 F-150

Decided to buy some goodies today for the ol Eb

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Decided to buy some goodies today for the ol Eb

Well after deciding that the 2015's are going to be outrageous on the prices, i have decided to keep the ol eb and have some fun with it..

So i ordered a few small things for it today

Here is my List

S&B intake
73mm throttle body
Stainless Works Chambered Cat Back
Off Road Down Pipes
New Motorcraft Plugs
Full Race Intercooler
170 Thermostat
water/meth injection

Hoping to have have everything installed by the first weekend of October.. This is gonna be the longest 3 weeks ever!

Leading Edge Tuning in Houston has some 58mm turbo's for the eb's, Maybe Santa will bring me a couple of those to finish the project up.

How many other owners on here have some good upgrades for their Eb? On the Eb site there are plenty of modded eb's.. Havent heard of many on here except for a tune.

Old 09-06-2014, 11:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like you got yer self a plan fer one hellova ride. Can't wait to see how it goes.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by Casey05
Sounds like you got yer self a plan fer one hellova ride. Can't wait to see how it goes.
Yea... This is the first truck that i have bought go fast goodies for.. I thought the truck was fast when i first got it, then i went with 5 star custom tunes and then MPT and holy crap.. Now i just want to keep going faster

Been told by several people with all the bolt on's it should dyno around the 480hp/550ish torque.. That seems to be the norm with these add on's..

A member on the Eb forum has the same add on's except he still has the factory exhaust and dyno'd 451/532

Last edited by KingRanchCoy; 09-06-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holy Crap..........Let us know what it does.........

Old 09-06-2014, 07:48 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
How does the rest of the motor hold up to that increase? That's impressive to see those types of numbers. I think your going to need traction bars.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
How does the rest of the motor hold up to that increase? That's impressive to see those types of numbers. I think your going to need traction bars.
I thought about traction bars, but decided i'm going to order a Walbro 455LPH E85 fuel pump monday. Maybe i'll get traction bars when i order the 58mm turbo's.

As far as the motor holding it, im not worried about that. If i haven't blown it yet i doubt i will .. Plus the other guys with the same upgrades haven't had a bit of problems and some of them have close to 30k miles with the upgrades and a few are closing in on 80,000 miles overall.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:15 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
With all that, you'll be able to stay close to my 5.0.

Old 09-06-2014, 11:13 PM
What's the total project investment in $$? Those are some serious gains!! I'm envious!!

Old 09-06-2014, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by ajsturtz
What's the total project investment in $$? Those are some serious gains!! I'm envious!!
This parts list was $3,650 plus the 195 for the fuel pump.. So 3850 total for parts. Dyno run is 125 for 3 runs.. Custom tune around $100.

After labor for putting the parts on im guess a little under 5k all said and done

Old 09-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Who's all going to be doing the work if you don't mind me asking? That truck is going to make some people pissed off around town.

Old 09-07-2014, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by iFlip
Who's all going to be doing the work if you don't mind me asking? That truck is going to make some people pissed off around town.
Ive called a couple places in the fort worth area and was told they would call me back monday.. So we will see.. I'm really thinking about calling Leading Edge in Houston.. He knows what he is doing to these Eb's.. Even though its a 6 hour drive one way it will be worth it..

After all these years on the forum havent seen anyone here from Angelo.. Pretty Cool

Ive already pissed off alot of people in town with the truck just running a tune.

Old 09-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
From what I've seen and read the biggest holdback on the EB is the HPFP. It can't flow enough fuel to go much higher than you're looking at. Any plans to bump this up?

Old 09-07-2014, 04:29 PM
Hmmmmm this looks like a win/win situation for you man. I hope that everything goes well. Please keep us updated on the build. I've read a couple of things in regards to water meth injected systems and they are a plus especially if you're looking to keep money in your pocket. congrats and please keep us informed on everything. I may see if I can take mine to the shop in Houston as well. I'm about 5 hrs. away I think. currently stationed in new Orleans but I don't know of any high performance shops around here who specialize in builds for our vehicles.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Wookie
From what I've seen and read the biggest holdback on the EB is the HPFP. It can't flow enough fuel to go much higher than you're looking at. Any plans to bump this up?
I havent found a upgraded HPFP available. Do you know something i dont?

Originally Posted by 4x4liftedprince
Hmmmmm this looks like a win/win situation for you man. I hope that everything goes well. Please keep us updated on the build. I've read a couple of things in regards to water meth injected systems and they are a plus especially if you're looking to keep money in your pocket. congrats and please keep us informed on everything. I may see if I can take mine to the shop in Houston as well. I'm about 5 hrs. away I think. currently stationed in new Orleans but I don't know of any high performance shops around here who specialize in builds for our vehicles.
I will keep everyone updated.. One great thing i have heard with meth is it does a good job cleaning the valves and keeping them clean which is a great advantage on a D/I engine..

Old 09-07-2014, 06:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nope, last I heard was that Full Race was working on something but I haven't seen it yet. I do know the 3.5EB is the largest that Bosch makes at this time.

I also know the Ford race cars running the EB make a lot of power. My suspicion is they added another cam driven pump to the passenger side head. This would double the available fuel supply.

Quick Reply: Decided to buy some goodies today for the ol Eb