2009 - 2014 F-150

Please Help with Ford Corporate!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^

I know... Got a little frustrated this morning when I turned down a job because I cant pull my trailer.

Originally Posted by 2stroked
Don't give up the faith and don't bad mouth them - yet. They have unexpected things pop up in their lives too. As I mentioned on the phone, a problem like this is going to take a while to sort out. Be both patient and persistent.
I understand sir,

Just let myself get frustrated.

Thanks fellas.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:49 PM
Curious about how this turns out as I am having similar problems right now and have to make my first payment in 15 days and I have a loaner truck due to a manufactor defect that didn't come to light until after I had signed paperwork and was about to take delivery.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:04 PM
Here is the video I was talking about.

21:15-23:49 is the time that covers the body/paint. Not great detail and not HD but still interesting to see these things come together. I would love to order one and watch it be built.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:42 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hula1589
Curious about how this turns out as I am having similar problems right now and have to make my first payment in 15 days and I have a loaner truck due to a manufactor defect that didn't come to light until after I had signed paperwork and was about to take delivery.
Tell me what's going on with your truck, Hula1589; I'll see what I can do to help.

Crystal

Old 04-09-2015, 01:04 PM
Nice video. Unfortunately, it grossly over-simplifies the painting process. Like I said in an earlier post, most people simply have no idea how much goes into even an average automotive paint job. And if they saw only this video, they still wouldn't know 10% of it.

Thanks for sharing though!

Old 04-09-2015, 01:07 PM
Nice video. Unfortunately, it grossly over-simplifies the painting process. Like I said in an earlier post, most people simply have no idea how much goes into even an average automotive paint job. And if they saw only this video, they still wouldn't know 10% of it.

Thanks for sharing though!
Oh I don't doubt that one bit. I would love to tour the truck plant though.

Old 04-12-2015, 11:37 AM
Update.

Tommy from ford operations called me yesterday and informed me that ford was going to buy my truck back from me. He was very abrupt and I had to fight to keep him on the phone. He told me that he had already signed off on it and I would get a call Wednesday or Thursday when the transfer was complete.

I asked him details about the dollar amounts but he wouldn't comment. The last piece of this is making sure the buy back amount reflects the payments I have made plus the down payment and the true value of a brand new truck.

Old 04-12-2015, 01:43 PM
Thank you all for the advice throughout this process.

It ain't over yet. Have to make sure ford is fair in the buy back. Then have to go buy anothe truck. The second part is easier than the first!!

I am NOT trying to start anything, just airing my thoughts. I've had 3 5.0s now and on this next truck I am deciding on if I want to give the Eco boost a shot.
I've read 15 threads today on one versus the other and I feel like I'm still at ground 0.

Old 04-12-2015, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Black Stallion
Thank you all for the advice throughout this process.

It ain't over yet. Have to make sure ford is fair in the buy back. Then have to go buy anothe truck. The second part is easier than the first!!

I am NOT trying to start anything, just airing my thoughts. I've had 3 5.0s now and on this next truck I am deciding on if I want to give the Eco boost a shot.
I've read 15 threads today on one versus the other and I feel like I'm still at ground 0.
Glad to hear they are at least doing something for you. As for the 5.0 vs. Eco, it has been beat to death. It really boils down to weighing the pros and cons of each and going with what you want. I just bought a 2014 and bought it based on all the features it had. It also happened to have an Eco. So far, I am happy with it.

Old 04-12-2015, 02:54 PM
I am still nervouse about the actual reality of what they are going to do for me. We shall see.

I had 60k on my last 5.0 and it did great.

This is a truck that I will hopefully have for many years so I want to make sure I do it right.

Originally Posted by Blown F-150
Glad to hear they are at least doing something for you. As for the 5.0 vs. Eco, it has been beat to death. It really boils down to weighing the pros and cons of each and going with what you want. I just bought a 2014 and bought it based on all the features it had. It also happened to have an Eco. So far, I am happy with it.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Black Stallion
Tommy from ford operations called me yesterday and informed me that ford was going to buy my truck back from me. He was very abrupt and I had to fight to keep him on the phone. He told me that he had already signed off on it and I would get a call Wednesday or Thursday when the transfer was complete.

I asked him details about the dollar amounts but he wouldn't comment. The last piece of this is making sure the buy back amount reflects the payments I have made plus the down payment and the true value of a brand new truck.
Congratulations! Hopefully the completion of the process will leave you happy and a Ford customer for many years to come. Remember, even the best make mistakes every once in a while.

As for anybody else thinking that they're going to get a new truck for anything that bothers them, don't get your hopes up. Almost all complaints can be solved by a good dealership Service Department working with Ford if needed. In extenuating circumstances like this one, a new truck was really the only way to go and I congratulate Ford for doing the right thing here.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:24 PM
Congratulations! Hopefully the completion of the process will leave you happy and a Ford customer for many years to come. Remember, even the best make mistakes every once in a while.

As for anybody else thinking that they're going to get a new truck for anything that bothers them, don't get your hopes up. Almost all complaints can be solved by a good dealership Service Department working with Ford if needed. In extenuating circumstances like this one, a new truck was really the only way to go and I congratulate Ford for doing the right thing here.

I am very optimistic at this point yet still cautious.

Thank you again for the ongoing advice and encouragement.

As far as my situation goes, I think everyone just realized that a total repaint was not going to be a solid long term solution.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:16 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
I applaud Ford for stepping up to take care of the customer's concerns

Makes me proud to drive the blue oval knowing the stand behind their product

Old 04-14-2015, 10:35 AM
Way to step up, Ford. Makes me proud to drive a Ford.

As for the engine, I love turbos and I love the idea of the turbo on these trucks. But, after reading all the TSB’s on these Eco-boosts it seems Ford still has some bugs to work out. My next one will probably be an EB but I have the 5.0L now and love it. My best friend got the 3.7L in a '14 SCAB and it’s no slouch either. But, there is no beating the sound of a 5.0L with an exhaust system.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:27 PM
Well I was supposed to get a phone call last week by Wednesday with all of the final information. That never happened. Tommy finally called and left me a message on Friday saying that surprise surprise the dealership (the only Ford dealership in Mesquite...hint hint) was holding up the process because they werent handing over the original sale file that apparently was needed. I am told that this has now finally been done, but that could be a lie. Best case I should know something by the end of the week. I am putting my helmet on preparing for battle at this point. I am really worried that they are going to try and low ball me on the price of the truck.

Quick Reply: Please Help with Ford Corporate!