Door lock acting strange

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 12:42 AM
Global Moderator &
Administrator
Contributor
Super Moderator
Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
Wasn't specified, but I believe its been clarified we're talking exterior handle performance, not interior?

Old 10-15-2015, 03:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Patman,

Yes, the exterior door and latch performance. That's how I read the OP's message and it is what I'm dealing with.

Update: Dropped by my dealer and locked the truck and hung out for half an hour with the truck sitting in the sun. SA and Service Manager go out and it opens just fine. I waited for a bit longer and the SA brought a tablet filming it (as SM was on a call) and it worked fine again. Thus, the old can not duplicate Ford can't fix. They were understanding and believed me.
They did state they "used" to have much more flexibility to fix issues without having to provide photos and/or videos/documentation to Ford. Seems like the trend over last few years. It's not like I get joy having someone disassemble my door for fun!

On another note, they tried to look up ASI 44244 and the SA couldn't find it on the TSB lookup on their system. Not sure how the ford computer system works but, that seemed strange that is wasn't readily available.

I've known these guys for 15 years so they said if I can get it on video with my phone and email them proof that would suffice. So, guess I'm in a holding pattern until I do that......

Last edited by RedWoodsMan1; 10-15-2015 at 04:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Door lock acting strange