2009 - 2014 F-150

Can't find 2.25" leveling kit for 2014 F-150 4WD?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't find 2.25" leveling kit for 2014 F-150 4WD?

I cannot seem to find a leveling kit for my truck that is 2.25". I specifically want 2.25 because that's what I measured as the difference between my front and rear fenders to the ground. My OCD won't let me go with a 2" or 2.5", and I do NOT like spacer kits. Does anyone have any information on some suspension leveling kits that are maybe adjustable so that I could get a perfectly level truck?

Old 10-20-2015, 04:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BroBro
I cannot seem to find a leveling kit for my truck that is 2.25". I specifically want 2.25 because that's what I measured as the difference between my front and rear fenders to the ground. My OCD won't let me go with a 2" or 2.5", and I do NOT like spacer kits. Does anyone have any information on some suspension leveling kits that are maybe adjustable so that I could get a perfectly level truck?
Which type of level are you looking into that's not a spacer? Adjustable shocks would work, too. However, getting the exact amount of level that's stated is tough as every truck sits a little bit different than the next.

Spacers for example could be sold as "2" level", but you could end up with anywhere from 1.5" to 2.5" of level.

Also, measure from the center of the center cap to the fender arch. Measuring to the ground from the fender doesn't take into account tread wear, tire pressure, etc and will not give you precise measurements.

Last edited by 2008_XL; 10-20-2015 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:39 PM
You could go with the 2.5" and compensate the front lift using something in the rear (AAL, blocks, etc). Besides, getting rid of the factory rake will cause the hind end of your truck to sag with any load in the bed or on a trailer, or over time as the leafs and shocks wear out. that's why the rake exists in the first place. Might not be a bad idea to keep the back end a bit higher and go with the 2", or a 1.5".

Also, as an actual diagnosed OCD sufferer, let me point out that it is not OCD to want to lift the front of your truck level with the back. See
for a good explanation of what you sound like. and by the way, what you're describing is just being picky / exact... Please stop using OCD to describe things that are just you being picky.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:06 PM
Jee wiz. Sorry if that OCD comment upset you... I am just being picky. Although, I do believe you took that a bit too far. I obviously wasn't targeting anyone with anything.

Anyways, I actually remeasured from the top of the rim to the fender which came out to be EXACTLY 2". So, a 2" shock would be perfect. Thank you 2008 XL.

Last edited by BroBro; 10-20-2015 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:12 PM
If you don't like spacers, do you have the coin for adjustable coilovers?
BOSS from F150lifts.com and Fox 2.0 will run you about $800 for the pair but allow you to go infinitely between no lift and 2.5". Might be worth a look. I like the ride of the BOSS a lot.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's been over a year and the Bilstein 5100's and Rancho Quicklifts still aren't available for 2014 F150s.
The coilovers that MCDavis mentioned are much better than the Bilsteins and Ranchos, but may be a bit pricey for some people.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jee wiz. Sorry if that OCD comment upset you... I am just being picky. Although, I do believe you took that a bit too far. I obviously wasn't targeting anyone with anything.

Anyways, I actually remeasured from the top of the rim to the fender which came out to be EXACTLY 2". So, a 2" shock would be perfect. Thank you 2008 XL.
No problem.

And I didn't realize the adjustable shocks for the 09+ were so much $$ and that the commonly used ones in the 04-08 gen are not available.

I know you don't want to go the route, but, a 1.5" or 2" spacer would honestly be your best bet and you'd pay well under $100 total (not including the alignment you'll need). I'd recommend 1.5" just to leave the tiniest bit of rake (won't be that noticeable).

Lastly, whether you go with adjustable coilovers, shocks or a spacer, all of them will change the suspension angles just about the same. The spacer is just the easiest and cheapest.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:16 AM
Former Sponsor
Ours are launching at SEMA with a launch in January 2016.

Quick Reply: Can't find 2.25" leveling kit for 2014 F-150 4WD?