2009 - 2014 F-150

Bushwacker Flares - Wheel/Tire/Level or Lift help??

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bushwacker Flares - Wheel/Tire/Level or Lift help??

Hey Y'all-

Hello!! My 1st post here, yep a newbie and yep I've searched! In fact, I've scoured forums and website blogs for a month now and really confused on which route to go. Hoping y'all can help a brotha out...I wanna get it right first time and not have to deal with any revisions. Anyone have any recommendations or suggestions what sizes/model #'s/Brand details for the following?

My Current Setup
-OEM 14' FX4 4x4 in Tuxedo Black
-Bushwacker Pocket Style Flares (Part #20929-42 - Painted Tux Black to match) sitting in a box in my basement...waiting to be put on.

**If anyone already has this setup and no issues with clearance/rubbing the would be awesome info and much appreciated if you pass on. Any links or part#'s would be great as well!**

****Any details on a complete and functional setup with the BW Pocket Style flares, tires & wheel combo, leveling/lift info on a blacked out Fx4 that would be absolutely f'n awesome!! ****

This is pretty much the look I'm going for, love the look for on this FX4:
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5479/9...8717e0aa_b.jpg

Thank you.

Tire/Wheel/Size/Model Recommendations - Any offset needed or spacers?

Tires -
• Looking for all terrain look but still want a quiet ride. Heard Nitto's are good but loud, looking at Toyo or BF Goodrich KO2'.
• Looking at 33/1250/20's or 285/65/20

Wheels -
• Looking for some badass black wheels as I'm aiming for stealth black look on the truck, with maybe a subtle accent color (red or matte black since truck is Tuxedo metallic).

Lift and/or Leveling Kit?
• Model or make/part # suggestions?
• I'm thinking I just need a leveling kit, not looking to go huge on the tires
• Any offset needed or spacers to prevent rubbbing/turn-clearance issues?

Again appreciate any/all info, been on a mad search and starting to go in circles! Thanks again.

Old 11-06-2015, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only way to make those flares not look so gawdy is to jack the truck up at least 4 inches, throw 37's under it, and get some wide wheels, with a small amount of backspacing to push them out an inch or two. Otherwise, you throw those flares on a truck with stock wheels, and slightly bigger tires and a leveling kit, and it'll look goofy.

Old 11-07-2015, 07:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DuskDismantled
The only way to make those flares not look so gawdy is to jack the truck up at least 4 inches, throw 37's under it, and get some wide wheels, with a small amount of backspacing to push them out an inch or two. Otherwise, you throw those flares on a truck with stock wheels, and slightly bigger tires and a leveling kit, and it'll look goofy.
It also looks awkward how the flares stick out beyond the stock bumper.

Name:  image-3774031617_zpsehol6rau.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  66.1 KB

Quick Reply: Bushwacker Flares - Wheel/Tire/Level or Lift help??