2009 - 2014 F-150

advice opinion from LTX ms2 users..

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
advice opinion from LTX ms2 users..

hey thx for looking at my post . i bought a tuxedo black 2012 fx4 screw last week. no lift/ no level.
i have oem matte black 20" rims and want to mount some ltx ms2 tires on them. Should i go with the stock oem tire size, or something slightly bigger? Wondering what size looks best in these particular tires, in your opinion.
I have no intention of leveling or lifting this, so keep that in mind. The guy at the tireshop said for sure slightly bigger will look really cool and they were $10. cheaper as well. All input appreciated.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:44 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I've had several sets of the Michelin LTX ms2 tires and frankly. I'd suggest another brand. They are great the day you drive out on them. They handle great and ride like a dream. Two years later they are hard as brick, handling has gone away, and ride SUCKS. The Goodlucks are about the same. But it's your truck and your money. In regards to size, I always go up one size in width for better handling and braking. I usually will look for the tire that carries the most air at peak load. That will equate to better fuel mileage. Ride does not suffer in those I've bought.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I happen to disagree with Labnerd. I had a set of 275/60/20 LTX M/S2s on my '06 FX4 Screw and they were flawless for the 40k miles I put on them before I traded that truck on my '13.

The new LTX Defender replaces the M/S2 and is claimed to be better suited for our half tons. You have two options if you want to go up in size:
275/60/20 a P-metric tire
285/60/20 a LT rated tire

The 285/60/20 will be a bit more stiff due to the extra load range capabilities. Both sizes will fit on your unleveled truck.

Quick Reply: advice opinion from LTX ms2 users..