2009 - 2014 F-150

My 2013 Ecoboost 'adventure'

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 09:17 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm not sure which I'd rather drive (or push).... lol. Best of luck, bud.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:41 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Cosworth,

Was FordServiceCA able to do anything for you? Ford's reps monitor this forum and always jump into these threads and ask for the same information but AFIK they've never been able to help in these situations. Just wondering what your experience with them was.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joe51
Cosworth,

Was FordServiceCA able to do anything for you? Ford's reps monitor this forum and always jump into these threads and ask for the same information but AFIK they've never been able to help in these situations. Just wondering what your experience with them was.
To be fair to the reps that have contacted me about this thread, they may have been a little late to the entire party so there may not have been a lot they could do. However no all they asked for was my Vin so far. Actually the answer that I got back from Mathieu was that the case # I was provided as well was wrong... so As far as I can tell though Ford Canada is only a bitching line, like free counselling. I have a very good relationship with the staff at both Cam Clark Ford and Carstairs Ford and they know of me well. I still have no complaints about the dealer really and the people there. I feel like they were stuck by process and that was even told to me a few times.

My company buys around 50 new trucks a year and up until recently was always F150's. I've had 10 new dodges outside my window since my Ecoboost troubles started. Coincidence? Most of the directors still drive F150's but we are starting to see more and more Rams and Sierra's. As I've mentioned I personally have 10 or 11 FMC products between the immediate family (4 in my home garage including this truck until yesterday) and the dealer is well aware of this. Even with the dealer pushing for me (or at least saying they were) Ford Canada wouldn't really help out either by getting it fixed properly the first time or by getting me into a new unit. To be honest, I am pretty sure the 'Ford Canada' lady I was talking to mentioned in one of our many hours of talking was in Florida so maybe even the severity of -30 at 2am with the blowing wind and you need your vehicle as a safe place escaped her. It was most important for me as I need my truck for work, I work for the electrical utility so it is just highway for me but still cold middle of nowhere nights so it needs to be reliable to be safe.

Well took care of it myself.
Bow tie, bow tie, bow tie. LOL

Last edited by the_cosworth; 11-20-2015 at 08:50 AM.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:57 AM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Ford took a risk going to small turbo motors. Even though for the most part they seem to be doing the job, they are more complex and with complexity comes the likelihood of more issues.

I have a Hemi Magnum car that I really like and if I was in the market for a new truck, I would at least have to give a Ram a test drive.

The reason I drive a Hemi Magnum is that Ford didn't have a replacement for my Mark VIII Lincoln. I buy V8s with rear drive. Ford gave up that market, so I drive a Dodge.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:51 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
.hate to see you cut ties. Best of luck

Old 11-21-2015, 07:53 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I don't have an Ecoboost... nor a truck in this model year, however, I had some minor issues with my '07, that eventually got ironed out with my due diligence. Granted, at the time, I was kind of annoyed that I bought a brand new truck, and it already cropped up with issues.

Not everything is perfect. You get lucky when you get a vehicle with no issues.

Like for example, I got a Jeep Compass that is a 2007. Great vehicle, never any issues with it. Got it brand new with 10 miles on it, and now it has 130k on it with no signs of ever stopping. Just do the typical oil changes and other related items on schedule. Life is good, right? I just got lucky.

Sometimes you are just dealt a bad hand.

I'm a rather seasoned mechanic myself, and I just shake my head when I read stuff like this. Anything can have issues -- whether is be new, used, or rebuilt. And this doesn't just apply to the automotive world...

Old 11-21-2015, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
.hate to see you cut ties. Best of luck
Thanks, I still have a ton of Fords so not going to leave the Forums. Just my '13 E.B.

Originally Posted by ManualF150
I don't have an Ecoboost... nor a truck in this model year, however, I had some minor issues with my '07, that eventually got ironed out with my due diligence. Granted, at the time, I was kind of annoyed that I bought a brand new truck, and it already cropped up with issues.

Not everything is perfect. You get lucky when you get a vehicle with no issues.

Like for example, I got a Jeep Compass that is a 2007. Great vehicle, never any issues with it. Got it brand new with 10 miles on it, and now it has 130k on it with no signs of ever stopping. Just do the typical oil changes and other related items on schedule. Life is good, right? I just got lucky.

Sometimes you are just dealt a bad hand.

I'm a rather seasoned mechanic myself, and I just shake my head when I read stuff like this. Anything can have issues -- whether is be new, used, or rebuilt. And this doesn't just apply to the automotive world...

I hear what you're saying and honestly it has about 5% to do with the truck issues and 95% to do with the way it was handled. I had some issues with my '07 as well and they were taken care of perfectly (broken plugs and passenger side exhaust port) and that is why I bought a '13. The attitude towards me as a customer and the issues I was seeing wasn't what I expected. I would consider my issues on the '07 to be minor and they treated me like gold. The '13 had serious issues IMO and I was treated like a whiner.

Think of it this way, you're a seasoned mechanic, you know the person's vehicle who you're working on and they are a good person, take care of their vehicles, and it is obviously a problem with their vehicle that they didn't cause. You go to your service manager and say "hey look, this is obviously warranty, lets do xyz". Ford comes back and says "what are you crazy? Don't do that, just put it back together and give it to him". How is that something you can 'shake your head at'? Sorry I just find that slightly insulting that me spending $50k I should expect after 13 months to be 'written off' as a customer. Obviously I haven't brought up the hours and hours of work, the hundreds of km back and forth to the dealer and rental car places, the months without a 'brand new' vehicle, and all the other issues I've had with this truck besides the motor and being told it is all my fault (never use 4x4, no reason to and I had gone through 2 sets of IWE's). If Ford had said "this is unacceptable, we apologize, here" instead of "what did you do to your truck, we are going to keep it for 5 weeks to try and blame it on you".

Last edited by the_cosworth; 11-21-2015 at 01:52 PM.

Quick Reply: My 2013 Ecoboost 'adventure'