2009 - 2014 F-150

ControlTrac 101

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 12:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ControlTrac 101

I'm new to this forum ......... tried this question in another forum and got ZERO responses, so hope someone here can help.

I bought a 2012 Lariat 4x4 5.0 back in April 2015, so this is my first winter driving it (53K miles). I'm trying to confirm my understanding of how 4WD works and that my truck is behaving as it should.

I can select from 2HI, 4Auto, 4HI, and 4LO. My question centers around
behavior in 4Auto mode.

If I navigate to the Gauges option on the dash's LCD screen, and then scroll right to ControlTrac, I get what appears to me a screen that will show which wheels are in drive mode (truck diagram, a ' - ' symbol that light up/goes dark next to each wheel).

I noticed that while in 4Auto, going down the hiway at 55mph, on dry pavement, that it appears that all 4 wheels are in 'drive mode'. Obviously I would not expect that .......... but maybe the screen simply shows all 4 tires in drive mode just because I'm in 4Auto mode ?

I'm attaching a picture that will help ........... well maybe I'm not after all - maybe I need a few more posts before I can include a picture, so try this:

Has anyone else ever noticed this ? Is it normal ? I was expecting the ControlTrac screen to show when the drive wheels are truly engaged ... and I would hope mine were NOT engaged while driving on the dry highway at 55 mph.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: ControlTrac 101