2009 - 2014 F-150

Rear window wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear window wiring help

Had to replace my rear window due to one side being broken while using the defrost. I need a little help with the defrost wiring. Pictured below is a photo of the wiring. The one on the right is the plug that came on the truck, the one on the left is the plug that came with the replacement window. As you can tell, the replacement plug only has two wires while the factory plug has three. I took these wires up to my local Ford dealer and they told me I was sent the wrong window. They said I was sent a window for a lower model truck and not one for mine(Lariat). However the dealer I bought it from says Ford only makes one rear power slider. He told me to hook the bigger black wire off my wiring to the black wire on the new wire and hook the smaller black and white wires on my plug to the yellow wire on the new wire. Has anyone who did this window switch them self's ran across this and help me out? Thanks

BTW the truck is a 2010 Lariat

Old 07-08-2024, 09:24 PM
Did you ever get this solved

Did you ever get this solved I am running into the same problem with My 2010 FX4

Old 07-08-2024, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by amilcar77
Did you ever get this solved I am running into the same problem with My 2010 FX4
sounds like the ground and neutral wire go together then mates with the yellow wire, the hot wire then mates to the other hot wire.
maybe that's what it is.

Quick Reply: Rear window wiring help