2009 - 2014 F-150

Lost my bumper spare tire lock/insert.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 10:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost my bumper spare tire lock/insert.

Rotated the tires on my 2010 on Saturday. I dropped the spare to check some wiring on my aftermarket reverse camera, left the lock on the tonneau cover.

Of course I left it on there and drove off Saturday night. Long gone..checked my yard, my street, etc.

Did some research, they are around $100 bucks from a dealership and from images I don't think it includes the lock cylinder which is probably another $100

I really don't want to spend 200 bucks for this. I guess i could hit a junk yard, get one (if they have the key, which is unlikely) and get it rekeyed.

I think at this point, I may just get some sort of black plug and pop it into the hole in the bumper and call it day.

Not sure what I'll do to protect the spare from theft..never really thought about my spare being stolen..

Any one ever had to replace theirs, or just said F and it and never did anything with it?

Old 05-03-2017, 04:10 PM
Missing Spare Tire Key

I bought a used 2016 Lariat and it didn't have the bumper key for the spare tire. Is there an aftermarket replacment? Neither amazon nor eBay had any for sale that I could find. I'm willin g to pop out the old one and insert a new one. Or just leave it off and close the cap.

Any suggestions?

Old 05-04-2017, 10:10 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Bill, the spare tire lock should open with your ignition key. There's no special "bumper key".

- Jack

Old 05-05-2017, 07:58 AM
I am in the same boat. Did a search on ebay and found this

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...+lock&_sacat=0

Quick Reply: Lost my bumper spare tire lock/insert.