2009 - 2014 F-150

Help (Stalling problem)

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 01:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help (Stalling problem)

Hi all,

I have a 09 STX regular cab with a 2 valve per cyclinder 4.6L motor. My issue started about 3 weeks ago. When the truck sits for good amount of time, like over night, the problem I have is it starts right up, and then abruptly dies. I have to do this about 15-20 times until it stays on! I had to replace the starter in it a few weeks ago as I think I might have fried it from having to do this. Most of the time there are no codes stored, once in a while I will get a P0130 code. Now I have a code reader and have looked at the freeze frame data. For the FUELSYS1 parameter, a CL-Fault is stored along with a P0130 code. Like I said, it doesn't always throw a engine fault code. And when I look at live data, periodically, the FUELSYS1 parameter changes to CL-Fault, or OL, then it goes back to CL.

The things I have changed so far are a used throttle body and a brand new TPS sensor. Yesterday I changed the air filter, and cleaned the MAF sensor. It seems to have gotten a little better as it started right up this morning and it was colder than it has been. But when I went to lunch today, it took abnout 4 tries until it stayed on. I know a P0130 code is for the O2 sensor, but when I look at the live O2 sensor data, they appear to be working, both are usually around .6 V. I haven't given in to bringing in to the shop yet, I would rather fix it myself. But I am getting close to I had my wife turn it over, and I pushed on the schrader valve of the fuel rail, and gas shot out like a geyser, so I think the pump is ok! I was thinking maybe the Fuel pressure sensor might be bad, but I don't know where the heck it is to test it. Any help WOULD be GREATLY appreciated.

Old 11-18-2016, 09:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cam position sensor

Old 11-18-2016, 11:27 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Will it stay running if you give it a little gas? Did you clean the used throttle body before installing it?

Check the FPDM for corrosion.

https://www.obd-codes.com/p0130

Fuel pressure sensor: