2009 - 2014 F-150

Newbie 4x4 issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 07:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie 4x4 issues

first off.. this site has been a wealth of knowledge for me.. thank you everyone for posting stuff and saving guys like me butts constantly.
that being said.. i've got a 2009 ford f150 lariat 4x4 supercrew 75k. i've narrowed it down to the grinding coming from the transfer case. goes into 4H .. no issues.. with truck in neutral and foot on brake the shift from 4H to 4L engages with a clunk, but it does engage. now going from 4L back to 4H the dash indicator says it does, however when I take it from neutral to forward/reverse the truck will not move...as you sit there you can hear the start of a quiet grind (in the transfer case) to this god aweful progressively getting louder grind that eventually sounds as if satan himself is splitting the ground under my truck, to an eventual clunk/bang. then all is good... happy day again. I might also add I get an intermittent vibration (more of a hum) that comes and goes at different speeds. it comes from the front and has appeared to show up here recently with this other issue. cant feel the hum in my butt.. I feel it most the the gas petal.
if someone can please shed some light on this id very much appreciate it.
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH IN ADVANCE..