2009 - 2014 F-150

Speaker cutting out again

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaker cutting out again

Looking for new ideas regarding passenger speakers cutting out. I've posted and have researched all the other threads a couple of years ago and now the problem is reoccurring. I have a 2011 F150 FX4. About 3 years ago the passenger side speakers would occasionally cut out. Through other posts, I replaced the stock speakers with good after market which worked for awhile. Then I replace the wiring harness which also worked for a while. Now the same problem is occurring. Any new ideas? Has anyone had to replace the radio head unit for this problem? Any ideas are appreciated.

Old 09-29-2017, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2009 FX4 which has a similar issue with the driver side speaker. I have the nav stereo unit and I thought it was either the speaker or bad connection but I have not done anything to figure it out, my truck has much bigger issues but that's another thread. If you replaced the speakers and harness I would say it's the radio. One idea to isolate it would be to swap right and left outputs at the radio connector if that's possible and see if the problem moves to the driver side.