Hello Again... Its Been A While

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2023 | 02:16 AM
|
Hello Again... Its Been A While

What's up everybody. It has been a long time since I was last on this site. Boy this brings back some pleasant memories. I think the last time i was at all active on here was in 2015. Was mostly here when I had my 06 Ext. Cab F150 4wd with the 5.4. Those damn 2 piece spark plugs right?? I got rid of that truck in 2017 and picked up a 2015 XL SCREW 2wd 2.7 ecoboost. by far the fastest truck i had owned up to that point. Blew the doors off that 5.4 at least. Its been a reliable truck drivetrain wise. I learned alot from owning the 06. Namely, if you want your truck to last do regular preventative maintenance and dont drive like a tool. I needed a good truck for work and i had to make it last. The odometer is soon to hit 200k miles and the engine and transmission are still running strong. I did oil changes religiously, used 93 octane fuel, and had the transmission serviced at regular intervals. The only major issues ive had with the truck is the heater core and A/C compressor giving up on me. I did recently have the transmission Aux fluid pump replaced but thats all ive had to do to the engine/transmission. I recently decided it was time to get a new truck. I decided to keep my '17 as my work truck. It just seemed like the right move as ive kept it well maintained and it seems to still be running strong. I just think it has more value to me as a second work truck than what i would get for it in a trade in or selling it. And also it would allow me to get something a little more "fun", i guess you could say, that wouldnt have to also be practicable to work out of. At first i was looking for a 2nd gen Raptor or a lifted RAM Rebel or possibly a lifted Chevy Trailboss. Also looked at a few Lifted newer 4Runners. The thing that kinda got to me is that they are EVERYWHERE down here in the Houston, Tx area. 4X4's and lifted vehicles are a dime a dozen. Dont get me wrong. I love these kinds of trucks/suvs. But its just kinda hard when you look at a truck listing and the next day you see 3 trucks that look just like it at the gas station in the morning. Again Im not disparaging anyone else for having those vehicles, its just kinda the way i was feeling at the moment. Luckily I came across something that tickled my fancy. Ive always been a fan of 4wd and lifted trucks. and thats mostly what ive owned. But i have also always admired the sport/lowered/perfomance trucks. Or whatever you call it. Im not savvy on the vernacular. I caught wind of this option package you could have put on a new truck if it met the requirement. Basically it had to have the 5.0 V8 and it couldnt be a longbed. Its called the FP700 package. What they should call it is the "Sorry we made an electric truck and called it a Lightening, here have this instead" package.

I found a dealership in Crosby, Tx that does quiet a few of these trucks. Basically you have to buy a stock truck and you can add the FP700 option to the truck. Once you purchase the truck and package the dealer will receive the FP700 package on a crate and install it on your truck. There are multiple articles and youtube videos about it that explain whats all included. And im sure alot of you are familiar with it already. The highlights of the package, though are the 22"x9.5" Ford Performance wheels in black or bronze. And a 3.0L Gen 5x Whipple Supercharger making 700hp. And the best part is it has a 3yr/36k warranty on the supercharger along with the 5yr/65k drivetrain warranty. Also the base package lowers the rear end 1.5". I ended up getting an Atlas Blue 2023 F150 Single Cab 2wd with 6.5ft bed. Got the Black instead of Bronze wheels. I liked the Bronze with the Blue truck. But i also really like the Black. They had a Black package pallet already there and im impatient so i went with that. I purchased the truck last Monday and picked it up Thursday evening. I have since put an exhaust on it. Basically just replaced the stock muffler with a SISO Blackwidow muffler(if you can even call it that) known as the "NeighborHater" and had the stock tailpipe cut shorter and a dual black chrome tip welded on. And today i just got it back from getting a 2/4 MaxTrac drop installed. It is... FREAKING AWESOME! I never thought i would own a truck like this, but here i am. So enough with the novel. Im sure pics would be more appreciated at this point. The pictures in the driveway are before the drop. the ones at the gas station and parking lot are after the drop.

The following 2 users liked this post by BeauFlex:
Old 11-09-2023 | 05:25 AM
Sweet ride

Old 11-09-2023 | 08:26 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Awesome looking truck!!

Old 11-09-2023 | 08:48 AM
|
Thanks for the compliments!

The only thing I'm not really digging at the moment is the chrome bumpers. Doesn't really go with the blue/black elements. I was wanting to get them painted but that's gonna cost at least $1k to get something that will look good. I just can't pull the trigger on it right now as I really need to start recouping my available funds. Alot more coming out of the truck fund than going in as of late. I was thinking a wrap would be cost effective but from what I've seen it's hard to get a good color match. But then I was thinking maybe a black wrap for the bumpers. How do yall think that would look? If I was adept at photoshop I would make the bumpers black in one of these pics but I don't know how to do that. Suppose I could learn. Or just go ahead and do it. Could just take it right off if I don't like it I suppose.

Last edited by BeauFlex; 11-09-2023 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-09-2023 | 08:49 AM
Global Moderator &
Very nice!

Old 12-20-2023 | 07:08 PM
I remember you from way back, I was here about the same time with my 2005 & 2006. I came here to look for any info on these setup. There's a dealer an hour away in Birmingham that's doing this but they call it the Sleeper F150. It's a bare bones XL with a TVS (or Whipple for a bit more $) for $46k. They were $44k until the 2024 models came with a $2k price increase. I know your package is from Ford so it may be a bit different but I was curious on the supporting mods for the supercharger, does it have an upgraded fuel pump or injectors. Any info you have to pass on would be appreciated.

The following users liked this post:
Old 01-11-2024 | 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by BeauFlex
What's up everybody. It has been a long time since I was last on this site. Boy this brings back some pleasant memories. I think the last time i was at all active on here was in 2015. Was mostly here when I had my 06 Ext. Cab F150 4wd with the 5.4. Those damn 2 piece spark plugs right?? I got rid of that truck in 2017 and picked up a 2015 XL SCREW 2wd 2.7 ecoboost. by far the fastest truck i had owned up to that point. Blew the doors off that 5.4 at least. Its been a reliable truck drivetrain wise. I learned alot from owning the 06. Namely, if you want your truck to last do regular preventative maintenance and dont drive like a tool. I needed a good truck for work and i had to make it last. The odometer is soon to hit 200k miles and the engine and transmission are still running strong. I did oil changes religiously, used 93 octane fuel, and had the transmission serviced at regular intervals. The only major issues ive had with the truck is the heater core and A/C compressor giving up on me. I did recently have the transmission Aux fluid pump replaced but thats all ive had to do to the engine/transmission. I recently decided it was time to get a new truck. I decided to keep my '17 as my work truck. It just seemed like the right move as ive kept it well maintained and it seems to still be running strong. I just think it has more value to me as a second work truck than what i would get for it in a trade in or selling it. And also it would allow me to get something a little more "fun", i guess you could say, that wouldnt have to also be practicable to work out of. At first i was looking for a 2nd gen Raptor or a lifted RAM Rebel or possibly a lifted Chevy Trailboss. Also looked at a few Lifted newer 4Runners. The thing that kinda got to me is that they are EVERYWHERE down here in the Houston, Tx area. 4X4's and lifted vehicles are a dime a dozen. Dont get me wrong. I love these kinds of trucks/suvs. But its just kinda hard when you look at a truck listing and the next day you see 3 trucks that look just like it at the gas station in the morning. Again Im not disparaging anyone else for having those vehicles, its just kinda the way i was feeling at the moment. Luckily I came across something that tickled my fancy. Ive always been a fan of 4wd and lifted trucks. and thats mostly what ive owned. But i have also always admired the sport/lowered/perfomance trucks. Or whatever you call it. Im not savvy on the vernacular. I caught wind of this option package you could have put on a new truck if it met the requirement. Basically it had to have the 5.0 V8 and it couldnt be a longbed. Its called the FP700 package. What they should call it is the "Sorry we made an electric truck and called it a Lightening, here have this instead" package.

I found a dealership in Crosby, Tx that does quiet a few of these trucks. Basically you have to buy a stock truck and you can add the FP700 option to the truck. Once you purchase the truck and package the dealer will receive the FP700 package on a crate and install it on your truck. There are multiple articles and youtube videos about it that explain whats all included. And im sure alot of you are familiar with it already. The highlights of the package, though are the 22"x9.5" Ford Performance wheels in black or bronze. And a 3.0L Gen 5x Whipple Supercharger making 700hp. And the best part is it has a 3yr/36k warranty on the supercharger along with the 5yr/65k drivetrain warranty. Also the base package lowers the rear end 1.5". I ended up getting an Atlas Blue 2023 F150 Single Cab 2wd with 6.5ft bed. Got the Black instead of Bronze wheels. I liked the Bronze with the Blue truck. But i also really like the Black. They had a Black package pallet already there and im impatient so i went with that. I purchased the truck last Monday and picked it up Thursday evening. I have since put an exhaust on it. Basically just replaced the stock muffler with a SISO Blackwidow muffler(if you can even call it that) known as the "NeighborHater" and had the stock tailpipe cut shorter and a dual black chrome tip welded on. And today i just got it back from getting a 2/4 MaxTrac drop installed. It is... FREAKING AWESOME! I never thought i would own a truck like this, but here i am. So enough with the novel. Im sure pics would be more appreciated at this point. The pictures in the driveway are before the drop. the ones at the gas station and parking lot are after the drop.

Welcome back to the forum! We are so happy you're loving your new F-150

The following users liked this post:

Quick Reply: Hello Again... Its Been A While