edge

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007 | 05:54 PM
|
edge

i just put a lift on my truck along with 35s it pulls my landscape trailer fine but since ive been driving 4o miles to colege everyday my speedometer is off and it downshifts often becaue its hards to keep it constintly going around 70 would anyone know if the edge could help me with that

Old 09-06-2007 | 06:04 PM
Yeah It will The edge rocks!! I have it in mine. But yeah thats one of the things you can do is adjust the tire size.

Old 09-06-2007 | 07:51 PM
As much money as you look like you've put into your rig. You should do your research before just putting in a tuner. Being new to this myself, but researching it off and on since May I've learned alot.

What modifications have you currently put on your rig? Answering this will help decide which direction of Tuner packages you should go.

MGDFan seems to be a wealth of information on the subject, he should be along shortly to add to this.

Old 09-06-2007 | 08:38 PM
|
i have magna ex and k&N cai

thanks mike

Old 09-06-2007 | 09:12 PM
Technical Article Contributor

get new gears. they will work wonders for your tranny. 4.56s for 35s.

Old 09-06-2007 | 10:20 PM
A Edge would make the world of differance on your truck!

Old 09-07-2007 | 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by tuff150
i have magna ex and k&N cai

thanks mike
Hi.

Well, if you've been doing any reading on here, you'd know I favour custom over canned. But it's a personal decision.

Any good tuner will help your problem, but the reason I'd recommend a custom tuner is your aftermarket CAI. See, 04+ 5.4's are a lot more sensitive to intake tract mods, so while there are a lot of folks running Edge/K&N combos, I suspect a few of them are running a tad lean - you don't really know without proper measurements. And I'd venture some are just fine - again, due to the vast variations in this platform.

But - all of that is very much guesswork, and personally I don't advocate guessing on something like this on a beautiful/expensive truck.

A custom tuner sidesteps this whole issue, as the effects of a K&N CAI are well known and can be corrected for. A canned tuner cannot do this.

Custom will also net you better gains, and offers shifting improvements that canned cannot match.
(There are several folks on here that can attest to that - please search).

Add the fact that custom is now virtually the same cost as canned, and to me the decision is a no-brainer. This is currently a queue, however. And yes - before the youngin' wabbit pipes up, you can get tuning from other vendors - however TP had been doing these trucks far longer than anyone else and specializes in the F150. He's also the only custom tuning vendor that regularly & frequently posts here, to offer a wide range of advice. Your call.

I'd suggest you pull up a chair, grab a frosty, and delve into the Chips forum for a spell & bone up. Then, staying seated (trust me on this lol), give Mike Troyer a call to discuss. You'll be very glad you did.

BTW - gears would be of benefit to you as well, but I'd personally wait until you've added tuning. That's IMHO only, ok?

Last edited by MGDfan; 09-07-2007 at 07:36 AM.
Old 09-07-2007 | 02:12 PM
|
thxs alot bubba

Old 09-07-2007 | 02:14 PM
Global Moderator &
Originally Posted by caramon
As much money as you look like you've put into your rig. You should do your research before just putting in a tuner. Being new to this myself, but researching it off and on since May I've learned alot.

What modifications have you currently put on your rig? Answering this will help decide which direction of Tuner packages you should go.

MGDFan seems to be a wealth of information on the subject, he should be along shortly to add to this.

Good Grief!

Quick Reply: edge