Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replaced my rear seats with.....

kabooom haha

Old 07-01-2010, 06:56 AM
nice, but not quite as crazy as this guy's supercab

Old 07-01-2010, 07:27 AM
Are you one of those people that you can hear from a mile away, driving down the road with the base cranked up going "BOOM BOOM BOOM" thinking "I'm Cool" and "Everyone is Impressed" When in actuality everbody is annoyed and thinks your an idiot. Or worse when your stuck next to them at a stoplight and your forced to listen the "BOOM BOOM BOOM".
It seems to me that all you did was wreck a good truck. But hey, it's your truck and this is a free country.
Enjoy your speakers just please have respect for the people around your when it comes to the level of base and volume.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Gonna need some more pics and videos before the vedict is out on this one. ive always used my rear seat so i was never a fan of the replacements but to each his own

Old 07-01-2010, 09:47 AM
I like it...dont listen to the haters.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by Billetmaster
I like it...dont listen to the haters.
Hmmm. I don't see in any of the posts, Including mine, where Anybody said they hated it.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by meanstreak

wow a full harley supercrew interior in a supercab, thats a new one on me

Old 07-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Looks good hows it sound?

Old 07-01-2010, 02:24 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by meanstreak

Wow, - now that's loaded, - and then some.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:31 PM

Yea, it's a PITA getting 12" ers under the rear seat. I had to make some custom boxes.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by mlamprey
Are you one of those people that you can hear from a mile away, driving down the road with the base cranked up going "BOOM BOOM BOOM" thinking "I'm Cool" and "Everyone is Impressed" When in actuality everbody is annoyed and thinks your an idiot. Or worse when your stuck next to them at a stoplight and your forced to listen the "BOOM BOOM BOOM".
It seems to me that all you did was wreck a good truck. But hey, it's your truck and this is a free country.
Enjoy your speakers just please have respect for the people around your when it comes to the level of base and volume.
Hear me comming from a mile away? YES!! Thumping the hell out of the car next to me at a stoplight?? of course.... shaking peoples houses in a residential at 1am... no. but as far as wrecking a good truck... nah i only need the two front seats room for me and your girlfriend. She likes my system in must vibrate her cooter the right way... not that you would know anything about that.

And it sounds pretty damn good. I have some new door speakers ordered thru the local stereo shop and a amp to push them so i can get my highs and mids up to par with my bass.... Ill get a video up when i get a chance.

Jbrew.. did you have to lift your back seats up?

Last edited by Jesso; 07-01-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jesso

Jbrew.. did you have to lift your back seats up?
Yea, - I think I lifted them about 3". I did it about 4 years ago, - I'm surprised how good it still sounds. Running an old Super tuner as well. I need to update my receiver so I can plug my iPhone and iPods into it. I'm not sure how to do that without the plug in port.

How tall are your speakers? Those look huge!! I can just imagine the bass lol..

Old 07-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't mind anyone 'thumping', but what I get a laugh out of is when on the outside, all you hear is the muffled thumping and all the vibrating and ratteling panels and such

Even when the windows are down, there is still all the rattling going on.. Never found that very impressive, no matter how hard it thumped...

I like good, deep bass as much as the next guy and I've had my share of 12" woofers in past vehicles, so I know how it sounds...

In the back seat of an Extended Cab, it probably doesn't rattle all that much..

The worst ones are cars with them in the trunk and it's the deck lid that's doing all the vibrating and rattling...

When I had a set in my '86 5.0 GT in the back, the hatch would rattle if it got really loud.. I put in some more weather stripping to make for a tighter seal and that helped, but I also had to push down on the hatch to get it to latch each time it was opened.... Got tired of that after a couple of years, so the 12" subs went away as did the extra stripping.. Heck, I've still got 'em... Hummm.... :o

Mitch

Old 07-01-2010, 05:41 PM
As long as Your happy with your truck, it doesn't matter what I or anybody thinks. I just glad I don't have to listen to you drive by my house. I can guarantee that eventually you will grow up, mature and that the day will come when you will think the same way.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Jesso

kabooom haha
are those 15"s ? I got a box with dual 12"s that fit (mostly) under the rear seat, it sticks out about an inch.

Quick Reply: Replaced my rear seats with.....