is aftermarket MAF sensor necessary?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is aftermarket MAF sensor necessary?

im new to this forum let alone my first ford. i was thinking of getting bbk 80mm throttle body with roush CAI and sct xtreme programmer. for these bolt ons is it necessary for an aftermarket MAF sensor? will the stock sensor be able to read the cfm going to the engine? or will i need to go aftermarket? want to know so i dont waste money on something that isnt gonna help. thanks!

Old 09-02-2010, 06:01 PM
oem is capable of wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more rwhp than your truck will probably ever make my friend

Old 09-02-2010, 06:06 PM
koo koo yea i read up on this topic but alot of peeps were saying yes and no. just wanted to figure out for myself, thanks

Old 09-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by drewskie FX4
im new to this forum let alone my first ford. i was thinking of getting bbk 80mm throttle body with roush CAI and sct xtreme programmer. for these bolt ons is it necessary for an aftermarket MAF sensor? will the stock sensor be able to read the cfm going to the engine? or will i need to go aftermarket? want to know so i dont waste money on something that isnt gonna help. thanks!
Anything in bold is money burned.

Get a programmer along with custom tunes and do the Gotts mod.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...04-2008-a.html

JMHO

Last edited by 88racing; 09-02-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:46 PM
my name is in bold, WTH DuDE!? lol! koo thanks for the tip, will defiantly save me some money

Old 09-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by drewskie FX4
my name is in bold, WTH DuDE!? lol! koo thanks for the tip, will defiantly save me some money

options are like **** holes, I love my AEM CAI.

If you are getting a php gryphon anyway, and just happen to find a cheep CAI for sale used get.
otherwise, if you are not worried about "looks" "sound" or that extra bit of money get a CAI, if not do the gotts mod.

For me I got my AEM for $175, it looks great and gives the truck a aggressive sound some people here like to call "drone". I also think it cleans the engine bay up nicely, and comes off faster and easier than my stock did.

The filter is not oiled and easy to clean, wont hurt it if it gets damp, and looks impressive.

No MPG/power gain you are gonna notice.

Leave the MAF alone and the TB alone, either look around and see if you like the looks of, and can find a good deal on a CAI, or do the gots mod.

To be more clear, I think the stock intake is ugly.
The CAI is like no gain over a gots mod, if any. Tunes are recommended for the CAI, not needed for gots mod.
Heat soak is bad, and you will get it with a metal CAI worse than a plastic stock setup.

Quick Reply: is aftermarket MAF sensor necessary?