Lucked out on a K&N intake 77 Series

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lucked out on a K&N intake 77 Series

I was on Craigs List lastnight and found a K&N 77 series intake system BRAND NEW in the box for $280. I looked up the part number listed and found they ranged from $280 to $380. I shot the guy a $150 offer and he's like cool come get it. I just installed it this morning and I'm very happy with the power, ease of installation and sound, oh and of course the price!

Old 12-18-2010, 06:03 PM
The power, huh?

Old 12-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aluminum pulls engine heat and raises your intake temper. Thus a less dense air charge, and fewer hp.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Hope you have custom tunes......

Old 12-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Enjoy your warm air intake!

Old 12-19-2010, 01:21 AM
You guys sound like some mumbling babies. I didnt say my truck pulls wheelies and no I dont have a custom tune because it's not needed. Plain and simple larger intake tube and filter means more air. As for aluminum absorbing engine heat, WTF does that have to do with air being pulled through the filter. You guys are lame

Old 12-19-2010, 01:37 AM
If the intake absorbs heat rather than dissipates or reflects heat. The molecules in the intake air charge will not b as dense and cooler, in turn more air is not better if it isn't cooler. Just their way of telling you facts. Excuse them for being harsh but u can always trust these guys on here good advice to help your horsepower gains and not just sell a flashy product.

Old 12-19-2010, 01:59 AM
an no, its not as simple as that. Yes you will be getting more air, more air mixed with your fuel. This also means you may run lean, aka bad for your engine. Also being why they asked if you had a custom tune. As far as aluminum absorbing heat and making it warm air? that really doesnt need to be explained. But you already knew all of this obviously by your defensive nature

Old 12-19-2010, 02:26 AM
Well seeing as my truck has 1000hp you guys are right about the heat. The added degree probably just crippled my motor. Let's be honest how big of a deal do you really think this is? Get real and quit reposting what your dads brothers cousins uncle said about heat and metal. If aluminum is such hot spot I'm surprised all the old aluminum race cars didn't catch on fire and blow up due to all the heat the track was putting off. LMFAO You guys are talking something so minimal I don't even understand all the negative responses. I'm not arguing that aluminum doesn't absorb heat just the fact that these guys made it sound like every person with a metal intake is a fool. These guys crack me up

Old 12-19-2010, 02:53 AM
Originally Posted by rockstar22
Well seeing as my truck has 1000hp you guys are right about the heat. The added degree probably just crippled my motor. Let's be honest how big of a deal do you really think this is? Get real and quit reposting what your dads brothers cousins uncle said about heat and metal. If aluminum is such hot spot I'm surprised all the old aluminum race cars didn't catch on fire and blow up due to all the heat the track was putting off. LMFAO You guys are talking something so minimal I don't even understand all the negative responses. I'm not arguing that aluminum doesn't absorb heat just the fact that these guys made it sound like every person with a metal intake is a fool. These guys crack me up
I don't see you lasting long on here......

Old 12-19-2010, 03:02 AM
I'm sorry that people settle for what they've read on previous threads about CAI's. This post was simple... I found a smokin deal on something I wanted and I liked the results I got. Not "enjoy your warm air intake" and "the power huh" I thought these forums were supposed to be informative not degrading because you dont agree with someones mod? We obviously all have the same interest because we all belong to this forum, people need to re-think they way they respond to people. To each his own.

Old 12-19-2010, 03:17 AM
rockstar22, i completely agree with you. most of these guys think there hot **** because they can afford the best products out there then run people down who are happy about what they can get there hands on. you can brag about getting projectors and hids then they turn around and shut you down because they can afford a $700 retrofit so they automatically know everything. i like the intake bro, i noticed your hid ballast, what kinda lights you runnin?

Old 12-19-2010, 03:28 AM
Originally Posted by ridinonmoto17s
rockstar22, i completely agree with you. most of these guys think there hot **** because they can afford the best products out there then run people down who are happy about what they can get there hands on. you can brag about getting projectors and hids then they turn around and shut you down because they can afford a $700 retrofit so they automatically know everything. i like the intake bro, i noticed your hid ballast, what kinda lights you runnin?
Thanks bro I really appreciate the support. I think it looks clean and sounds great! As for the HID kit I also swiped those off of Craigslist BRAND NEW for $50 bucks. ( I'll probably get knocked down for that too ) They are a cheper brand "XENTEC" 10,000k and I love them. I've never had any problems with them and they were all plug and play. Thanks again

Last edited by rockstar22; 12-19-2010 at 03:49 AM.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:34 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Congrats on the good deal. My only bit of advice would have been to do the DWV intake... Cost be 10 bucks or so with the same gains... to each his own though man. Nice truck

Old 12-19-2010, 03:47 AM
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Congrats on the good deal. My only bit of advice would have been to do the DWV intake... Cost be 10 bucks or so with the same gains... to each his own though man. Nice truck
Yeah man thanks for the tip. Although the DWV is cheap and very easy to make and install I just wanted something that would clean up the engine bay as well.

Quick Reply: Lucked out on a K&N intake 77 Series