Polished My...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Polished My...

Well, with no mods to installl today because some stuff is held up by other stuff, and other stuff is still in the mail, etc. i got bored and decided to polish my driveshaft

Just did a small section because i need to pick up some stuff for my electric drill to make it go faster, but i did a little by hand and some with the dremel and a polishing pad. turned out pretty damn good. i suprised myself that i could do that. LoL

always wondered how it would turn out though since i've got the Aluminum Driveshaft.

anyway, here's 2 pics. looks better in person, i must have taken 30 pics to get just these 2 to turn out half way decent so you can see the difference where its all dull and gray, and where its polished.

thats my red creeper under the truck in the reflection
you can see the like 6" spot i polished up in front of the muffler, and the dull gray rest of the shaft where i didnt yet.

I think i can still make it turn out a little better, i just got tired. need to jack the truck up and get some bigger polishing pads. used mothers mag and aluminum polish for this though and it worked pretty good.

talk about alot of oxidation, the rag i was buffing with started out white and is now completely black

I'll do a little bit at a time and hopefully have the whole thing done by June sometime.
I've really got it bad now

Old 05-04-2003, 05:53 PM
Well if you ever roll your truck and it stops with the undercarrage showing there is going to be alot of impressed emergency workers.

Seriously, it looks great

Old 05-04-2003, 07:34 PM
Hey,

Just put the rear end on jack stands, put it in gear and hold the rag with polish on it...let it do all the work

J/K.......DONT DO THAT!!!

If you polish it too much, you might remove so much that it will need to be re-balanced.

I wonder how many members are gonna have to do this now?? See what you have started.

Old 05-04-2003, 08:02 PM
LoL! thats the 2nd time today somebody posted for me to do that.
hmm..... LoL!

This is only the start though. polished magnaflow is coming soon, powdercoated swaybar, powdercoated front drop springs, 1" more rear drop, and a crap load of sanding and painting will be going on underneath the truck this month

Old 05-04-2003, 10:35 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LMAO... you've got it worse than I thought. Good lord man. It's going to take you three damn days to fully detail your truck at the rate you're going.

Also, how in the world are you going to show off the BOTTOM OF YOUR TRUCK!?!?!?!?! Do the judges walk around your truck with one of those mirror things like they use at the Mexican border to check under your vehicle in your next competition?!?

I hope it never happens but, 01 XLT is right. The emergency response workers will be like 'DAMN... that's the cleanest undercarriage I've ever seen. Wonder what he uses to keep that driveline so sparkily smooth.... Oh crap... did anyone check the cab to see if the guy is alright?...'

RP

Old 05-04-2003, 10:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You just know that once he's got it all shiny like he wants it, he's goin to Zaino it !

Old 05-05-2003, 05:02 PM
how'd you guess LePew. LoL!

gotta get some attachments for my electric drill 1st, and then i'll finish up the DS.

i do plan on getting 2 or 3 acrylic mirrors for at shows, and i'll put one under the rear end to show off the shocks, powdercoated sway bar, smooth painted axle, and the other little thing i'm working on for the spare. and then another mirror for the side under the door so you can see the neon, and polished DS depending on how i can angle a mirror under there

Old 05-06-2003, 01:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You are a man with too much time on your hands 356.
I thought I was complusive but you have surpassed me.
Marc

Old 05-07-2003, 12:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You are a sick one, but then again I polish my shocks. One thing you might want to try to keep that polished look for longer - and to lengthen the amount of time between polishing - is a Sealer after the Polish. I just tried this stuff from a company in California called Magic on my aluminum wheels and tail pipe (Yes, I polish that too) and it really seems to be working. I can get you their address if you want to try the stuff.

I don't want to nit pick here, but some of us were noticing that as clean as your truck is - your brake pads are dirty. Might want to look into that one. Keep up the good work!

Old 05-07-2003, 07:03 PM
i will zaino the DS after i'm done. that should keep it pretty good for a while.

anyway, my brake pads are dirty? where the heck can you see my brakepads from those pics?

Old 05-07-2003, 11:08 PM
Moderator &

Everytime I look at that picture I just shake my head Josh... seriously man... you need a girlfriend or something to take your mind off 'polishing' things.... let her do the polishing! Not the truck either...

RP

Old 05-07-2003, 11:14 PM
Old 05-07-2003, 11:43 PM
Hey Josh, is your Keystone hood done yet. I can't wait to see how it looks in comparison to the Cervini's.

-Mike-

Old 05-08-2003, 09:33 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Marc Carpenter
You are a man with too much time on your hands 356.
I thought I was complusive but you have surpassed me.
Marc
You and EVERYONE ELSE on the boards... LOL!

Old 05-08-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
Everytime I look at that picture I just shake my head Josh... seriously man... you need a girlfriend or something to take your mind off 'polishing' things.... let her do the polishing! Not the truck either...

RP
LoL! Believe me man, i'm working on that one Not getting as far as i'd like with the one, but getting there. LoL!

anyway, the keystone hood came back yesterday. can't install it until tuesday though. pics will be up then

Quick Reply: Polished My...