Carbon Fiber/Chrome Grille on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carbon Fiber/Chrome Grille on ebay

I've been looking for a new grille for a while now. I would like the billet small bars style but since 4 out of 5 f150's I see on the road now have them I'd rather get something a little more unique. DJ Motorsports has a few, like the blade design that I like. Today I found this on on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWA%3AVRI

Wondering if anyone on here has purchased one of these. Seems like a really good deal for the whole grille assembly (not just an overlay). The quality is the only thing I question. It says it's made of ABS and chrome plated. What do you all think, is this something thats just going to flake and crack over time?

Old 07-11-2006, 06:53 PM
That grille looks good. I had one that was all chrome billet grille replacement from ebay. I just recently cut it out to install a normal billet. I just didn't like it because of water spots on the wide chrome plastic.

Old 07-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jakecarter
I've been looking for a new grille for a while now. I would like the billet small bars style but since 4 out of 5 f150's I see on the road now have them I'd rather get something a little more unique. DJ Motorsports has a few, like the blade design that I like. Today I found this on on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWA%3AVRI

Wondering if anyone on here has purchased one of these. Seems like a really good deal for the whole grille assembly (not just an overlay). The quality is the only thing I question. It says it's made of ABS and chrome plated. What do you all think, is this something thats just going to flake and crack over time?

I've also been looking at these. Look pretty sweet, I wrote them to see if you could get the grill with a different color surround, they said no but thought I could paint these to match OEM color. Go for it

Old 07-12-2006, 12:11 PM
I have not purchased this grill! But, I was looking at the solid chrome version of this same gril from this vendor on ebay. The solid chrome version is a little more expensive. I looked up previous customers that had bought the grill from them and contated the peson that had bought it. Both of the guys that I contacted....loved their grill and said they would dod it again. Good Luck!

Old 07-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Hi,
The only caution I have is the vendors feedback is below 98%.
That really is bad for a eBay vendor.

Old 08-18-2006, 04:54 PM
the feedback rating was making me worried about buying the grille, but after a few weeks of trying to find something I liked better I decided to take the chance. Not on the carbon fiber one, but the one he sells in all chrome with the bars. The reason for the feedback rating is not the product. I'm impressed with the quality and would buy it again in a hearbeat. The response time to their emails and that it took a week for them to get their shopping cart tool sorted out to where I could pay is what I assume the lower than usual feedback rating is about. So, if you're willing to be wait a while for it, this is a good deal. Here's the pics, first the old lariat style one for comparison....

Old 08-18-2006, 04:55 PM

I also got some carbon fiber emblem overlays from this guy: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=320018395651

Here's how it looks up close:

Old 08-23-2006, 07:05 PM
that grill looks really nice...i am thinking about getting one of those myself now
do you know if they fit the 06 models?

Old 08-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Looks great! I placed my order for one but there having problems with the cart for me as well. When will these e-merchants learn?

update just in case anyone is wondering:

makotoautotrends emailed me back saying they no longer use the Andale payment service but they never fixed their ebay listing to reflect this. So it's taking a bit to get my order sorted out.

Fairly slow to reply to emails and they run 2 websites which sell the same items which always seems fishy to me. Just discovered that when their reply was CC to customerservice@procarparts.com.

http://www.makotoautotrends.com/
http://www.procarparts.com/

They obviously do some good business with the amount of positive feedback they get daily. From what I can see it looks like if their item is listed with Andale expect a hassle if it isn't then you should have a fairly good chance of having no problems. Anyways I'll post soon as I get my grille installed.

Last edited by Impact9; 08-30-2006 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by jakecarter

I just bought my full replacement for the same ebay seller in your link, but mine was the all crome honeycomb model. Love it, quality is very good for a non-OEM grill, was easy to install and the fit is great.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?num=12031

Old 09-24-2006, 09:26 PM
Grills look nice!

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber/Chrome Grille on ebay