*pics* of SALEEN grill installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
I agree, I would have gotten a custom badge from www.billetbadges.com

Get some chrome turn signal bulbs too. That'll get rid of the iridescent reflections that you have now.

- NCSU

I've got that same problem. I have the Cragar grille but right now the emblem spot (same as Saleen) is empty because I don't want to put a badge on that doesn't go with the truck (aka my truck is not the Cragar edition).

But I cannot for the life of me think of something for billetbadges.com to make for me to put in that spot.

Any ideas?

By shaunakadub, shot with DSC-S60 at 2008-03-17

Old 06-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You could do something simple like "F-150"

- NCSU

Old 06-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Hey BLACKOUT-FX4.....

The new grille looks great.......

However, I'm wondering if (especially with the wider spaced bars) you are able to see the radiator a lot easier than you could with more smaller bars ?

I know that "any" black grille is going to allow you to see past it, a lot easier than any chrome grille (of course I'm not suggesting chrome here :-)

I can see from the other shadows in this photo, that it is slightly backlit, so I would not expect to see anything past the grille in this shot.... but how about with the lighting from the front ???

Just curious,
Fish

Old 06-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by wfin2004
I like the grill...but the "Saleen" emblem, or any after market emblems, have always been a pet peeve of mine. The Saleen emblem doesn't make it a Saleen but you are conveying this with its installation. You are going to tell me that it is part of the grill and you want people to know what your grille is. I see trucks every day with aftermarket "Limited" badges, 4x4 stickers on trucks with no front differential and tons of other ricer wannabe crap.

Like I said, nice grille, but the badge ruins it.
i got the saleen badge because its a saleen grill. im not in any way looking to make my truck a "clone" of any type. i had the HD grill on my truck before the saleen, and everyone knows that it was an HD grill. does that mean im am trying to make an "HD clone"...come on now that comment is retarded!

if i were to put a whole bunch of saleen badges and crap on my truck i guess i could see where your comment comes from but... its a saleen grill!!! thats why it has a saleen badge!! oh ya, i have a roush exhaust.. does that mean im going for an f150 roush/saleen edition!
sorry but that dumb crap pisses me off...haters!

Old 06-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by tequilajohnson
Do you want to sell that HD grille.
ya, i will be selling it. but, its only the center part. i had to take off the grill surround and the metal support brackets. PM me if your interested.

Old 06-15-2008, 05:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
So what if the Saleen grille says Saleen. I hate when people are so petty. Hell, I have a Roush grille, Roush valance, Roush rear bumper cover, HD heads and tails. My truck is no clone, it's mine. So what.

Go drive your plain cookie cutter truck and quit complaining about nothing.

Old 06-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this has nothing to do with this thread, but i am a valet and last night i worked at the museum of flight in Seattle and the CEO of Boeing was there and had the Saleen mustang and Steve Saleen has signed the dash of it with a sharpie!

pretty cool

anyway i think it looks fine with the saleen badge

Old 06-15-2008, 05:47 PM
[IMG][/IMG]

I say try some headlight cover for the total black out look and they can be removed at night for driving since you tinted your fogs?

Old 06-15-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Screw-Me-05
[IMG][/IMG]

I say try some headlight cover for the total black out look and they can be removed at night for driving since you tinted your fogs?
i know i have to figure something out with the headlights. im not a big fan of the tinted heads or the headlight covers. im not sure what im gonna do yet

Old 06-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Get some chrome turn signal bulbs too. That'll get rid of the iridescent reflections that you have now.

- NCSU
they are sylvania silverstar turn signals. they are chrome but yes they have a gay bluish/purple tint to them. do you know where to get them in just chrome?

Old 06-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by BLACKOUT-FX4
i know i have to figure something out with the headlights. im not a big fan of the tinted heads or the headlight covers. im not sure what im gonna do yet
Really you have no choice but to do 1 of the 2 or live with the look you have now which is still kick *** but some chrome bulbs will only just bring out the chrome look

Old 06-15-2008, 05:56 PM
how did you go about tinting your fogs ?
rvinyl ?

Old 06-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by BLACKOUT-FX4
they are sylvania silverstar turn signals. they are chrome but yes they have a gay bluish/purple tint to them. do you know where to get them in just chrome?
stealth bulbs are chrome.

edit: i like the silverstars

Old 06-15-2008, 06:03 PM
I understand why you put the badge on there. It represents the product. Just like some exhaust tips say flowmaster or magnaflow. Some side steps or bull bars say westin. It would be different if he put a window decal that said SALEEN or something. If you didn't want to have the badge, that would be a good place to put a name. Like "BLACKOUT". Kinda like the "hi my name is" stickers you wear on your chest at group events, but only on the grille.

Old 06-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by blackf150lariat
how did you go about tinting your fogs ?
rvinyl ?
yup, rvynil off of ebay. the only problem with the rvynil is they are cut a little too small to cover up the chrome ring around the actual fog light. i suggest if you are looking into this product, check with them and see if they offer uncut sheets. it would be very simple to cut yourself and you could make sure they are large enough.

Quick Reply: *pics* of SALEEN grill installed!!