Brush Guard / Grill Guard / Bull Bar

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008 | 01:04 PM
No my bumper is tougher ! waaaaaa !!!

Sorry, this thread was a hoot to read. Some of yall are pretty funny.

Anyways, its not about the "name" but rather the look. I like the LOOK of something like the Boondock bumpers. Impact9's truck is one of my favorite looking trucks on this site. They look beefy, have D-rings, and have a MUCH better approach angle. They can mount a winch. That would be the way I would go, and plan to, but have far too many other things on the list right now.

http://impact9.com/Photos/Truck/Boondock_001.JPG

http://impact9.com/Photos/Truck/Boondock_005.JPG

Bad *** looking truck IMO.

Some other decent bumpers:

Like this one alot. Even has built in steps on the front bumper:
http://www.off-roadweb.com/features/.../photo_04.html

http://eastsidecustomtruck.com/i-608...ion-04-06.html

oh, and lets see a Ranchhand stand up to this:
http://www.roadarmor.com/site/images/ied.jpg

Road armor is used overseas.

Last edited by MercedesTech; 11-11-2008 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-11-2008 | 03:39 PM
Suspended
Old 11-11-2008 | 04:58 PM
look I never said it was the "toughest" bumper out there. I work on a farm, so hmmm road armor bumpers don't really do what I need it to do. Ranchhand does. Anyway I personally don't care what you run on YOUR truck. What I run on MY truck for MY needs is all I really care about.

Peace
ALSupercab

Old 11-11-2008 | 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by alsupercab
look I never said it was the "toughest" bumper out there. I work on a farm, so hmmm road armor bumpers don't really do what I need it to do. Ranchhand does. Anyway I personally don't care what you run on YOUR truck. What I run on MY truck for MY needs is all I really care about.

Peace
ALSupercab
Calm down man. I have already said your bumpers kick ***. But to say you wont buy a road armor cuz of the name ??? Thats crazy. It costs more because its different. A "name" doesn't begin to cost more, until the quality is there. If I made crap bumpers out of plastic and tape, but called em "road warrior *** kickin bumpers" wouldn't = sales, or expensive. Get what I am sayin ? You don't like it, fine, lots don't. But to bash another member because its "for the name" is just rediculous. Honestly, some of yall sound like little kids, comparing your new toys. "mine is better" "no mine" etc

Your bumper kicks ***. I like it a lot.

Road armor bumpers kick ***. They seem far more "heavy duty" and "rugged". Think "mad max" look. Its different, I like em.

Now, that said, and hopefully you realize I am not bashing on you, What on earth can your bumper do, that a road armor can't ? Yours does have that kick *** reciever mount up front. But, other then that, is there anything ? honestly curious. I need a new bumper... and always go back and forth.

Old 11-11-2008 | 11:01 PM
I think there has been a lot of misunderstanding here. So I'm going to attempt to convey what I'm trying to say. I think it started when someone said "ranch-hand look a likes were just as bad as brushguards for Pavement pounders". I took this as because I didn't buy the (overpriced) Ranchhand bumper that I was called a pavement pounder, which by the many pictures I've posted in the past, I am not one. I thought this was him being stuck on the name brand stuff. I'm not a name brand kind of guy. I want what works. So if a similar product can do the same thing as well and for less, but isn't name brand, I will 100% of the time buy that one instead. Names aren't important to me.

M-tech,
Sorry if I personally attacked you, as that was never my intention. I again felt as though I was seen as being in a pissing match with other members over bumpers. Honestly, like I said, if you can run whatever bumper you want your intended purposes. If you like the road armor, fine by all means, I hope you can run one. They are a cool bumper, doesn't fit my style or needs, but a cool bumper non the less.

Hope that sets everything straight.

Justin/ALSupercab

PS:M-tec, you can get mine with a winch mount

Old 11-12-2008 | 11:39 AM
gotcha now

and your with a winch would be BA

Old 11-12-2008 | 11:54 AM
Old 04-29-2009 | 11:30 PM
[QUOTE=ace7337;3437770]I've tapped into a couple of things with my brush guard (shopping carts, parking lot light pole, my bros rear bumper on his chevy) and have no damage. I wish I knew the brand of mine, I can't remember. I got it off ebay for around $250 brand new and had it sprayed w/line-x. Mine tilts which is a really nice feature when washing the truck. I also like mine cause it has 4 bars protecting the headlights rather than 3, which just about every other brush guard that i've seen for 04-08 f150s has.

Did you line-x it yourself? if not how much did it cost to have done?

Old 06-09-2009 | 04:33 PM
[QUOTE=BLUEBEAST06FX4;3706610]
Originally Posted by ace7337
Did you line-x it yourself? if not how much did it cost to have done?
I'd like to know too if you have a chance to respond...

Quick Reply: Brush Guard / Grill Guard / Bull Bar