New hood is on!! ( Ebay hood review)

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RJcavF150
DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF CRAP.

the hood literally flew off of my truck yesterday. the inserts they use to connect with the OEM hinges, latch, etc, literally stripped right out of the fiberglass and the hood flew off my truck damaging my roof and drivers side door.

the fiberglass in it also heated up and broke apart under the paint in the sun causing small bubbles in the paint.

lesson learned, don't buy it, it seemed to good to be true, and it was!
when i was into mustangs, about the only company's hood you could buy and not have to worry about having hood pins was cervinis. there's a reason why good hoods cost $$$$$$.

sorry to hear about the damage man.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:03 PM
(Lesson to self) Don't buy cheap fiberglass hood from eBay and you should have installed hood pins? not only for the look but the practicality!

Old 05-28-2009, 08:31 PM

the hood literally flew off of my truck yesterday. the inserts they use to connect with the OEM hinges, latch, etc, literally stripped right out of the fiberglass and the hood flew off my truck damaging my roof and drivers side door.

the fiberglass in it also heated up and broke apart under the paint in the sun causing small bubbles in the paint.

glad to hear you are OK!!

did you get any photos?

Old 05-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Wow hate to hear that, but glad you are ok.

It sucks about the truck, but atleast it can be fixed.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Hey RJ, first off, the hood looks fantastic ! I've looked at aftermarket hoods, and IMPO, they all suck "except" the Cervinis..... and in this case, the look-alike. {oh and Blackout FX4, your Banks Ram Air hood looks bad *** too... very similar to the Cervinis, but I can't find the Banks hoods anywhere ???}

You had said though
i ended up paying $400 shipped for the hood, and $417 to have it painted........ i paid what a cervinis hood would cost unpainted.
Hmmmm.... $817 ??? Not a bad deal..... But I found brand new Cervinis hoods, on the actual Cervinis website last night for $570.... and so I was thinking with a little more searching and haggling, I should be able to get an Actual Cervini hood for $500.... with no tax, and free shipping.... No ?
And about the paint, I've only asked 1 reputable body shop around here, and they quoted me $500..... but again, if I looked around a little, I'd think maybe $400 ?

Anyway, the thing is, no, I don't currently have a freind(s) in paint and body, so I need the best finished hood, which needs the least work..... but even so, I'd like to think I could get the actual Cervini, and paint, for not a lot more than you paid..... although I can't imagine it looking any better. Like I said, yours looks great !

Fish

BTW RJ, whether you hate my truck, or love it...... How do you think a Cervini hood would look on it ? I think it would look bad ***.... but I have some friends screaming No No ! Of course what do they know ? ;-)

Last edited by Fish Chris; 05-28-2009 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:42 AM
i dont wana post any pictures 'til it's all said and done with, it's definitely getting worked out though and things are looking to go in my favor.

thanks for all the comments and everything guys

i truly never even considered hood pins, maybe i should have, but oh well it's done and over with now.

fish- i love your truck and i think it would look sick on it!

now- anyone know wher ei can find a cragar scoop for a stock hood? lol no more aftermarket for me- i'm only using parts ford uses on there own trucks from here on out (roush, saleen, cragar, etc.)

BTW- My roush grille is about the only thing that didnt break when the hood flew off! it's in one piece! lol

Old 05-29-2009, 11:05 AM
RJ ! I'm a dum-bass..... I did speed read this whole thread, and saw where "somebodies" after market hood 'like yours' flew off, and jacked the truck.... I just didn't realize that was yours. That really sucks. Sorry to hear about that... because like I said, that hood (at least in the photos) looked as good as any Cervinis....

Peace,
Fish

Old 05-29-2009, 11:33 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Damn, what a pain. Good to hear it's being worked out man, looked nice on the truck anyways

Old 05-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hood pins a fugly imo.. I hate them. A hood should not need pins to keep it down.. just my opinion.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Hood pins a fugly imo.. I hate them. A hood should not need pins to keep it down.. just my opinion.
lol i agree. thats why they never crossed my mind.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:50 PM
so what happened in the end? sorry for the thread revival i was looking through the classifieds and stumbled upon this thread

Old 01-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by expedition4x4
so what happened in the end? sorry for the thread revival i was looking through the classifieds and stumbled upon this thread
ttt

Old 01-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That hood makes your truck look mean! I definitely can't wait to have my hood painted and put on my truck.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dinggus
That hood makes your truck look mean! I definitely can't wait to have my hood painted and put on my truck.
I'm guessing you didn't bother to read the whole thread?

- NCSU

Old 01-23-2010, 09:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
I'm guessing you didn't bother to read the whole thread?

- NCSU
I didn't realize the thread was that old, otherwise I wouldn't have responded to it. But yes, I did read it after I responded, and mine is a Cervini's hood, not a 'look alike'. I'll just make sure I don't sell my stock hood for awhile, just in case.

Quick Reply: New hood is on!! ( Ebay hood review)