ddmtuning.com

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They Answered my email once I sent it two them twice, I have been trying to call every now and then for the last two days and haven't gotten anything from them. They sent me everything right just that one of the headlight bulbs was cracked at the base of the bulb

Old 12-29-2009, 04:33 PM
have you tried the online chat from their website? I used that to ask some questions before I placed my order.

EDIT: Just looked and the chat feature is not online at the moment.

Last edited by mcwilly; 12-29-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Well after several emails....phone calls (always busy)....online chat always "offline"...and submit ticket........ which i have been trying around December 15th...I finally got a response on the 29th of December

But my problem is the control unit is melting after 1 month of usage....they ask me on the 29th to send them pictures of the defect...

I explained to them that I have no headlights since december 15th I removed the control unit cause it was melting and i didnt want my whole vehicle catching on fire...and whats with the pictures?

All they had to do if they had no trust in their customers was sending me out a new control unit charge me a core until they receive the melting one.

So no I havent heard nothing from them since Dec 29th.

So conclusion....I think they have the best units I probably got one that was defective but their customer service kinda is a bit slow.....might be cause of the holidays...So I will wait and see what happens this week.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:11 AM

yeah I got a email back from mine too on the 29th, My bulb that is broken they are going to file a claim with UPS and want me to ship back the bulb and wait till they get the money back from UPS ???? SO I asked if they would send me a new bulb and pay for the shipping back to DDM, because I shouldn't be held accountable for something that I had no control over but whatever....I am waiting to hear back from them I had to send them pictures of the box that UPS sent me it was spot less I think it was broken in packaging personally....we will see

Old 01-04-2010, 10:57 AM
yeah I got a email back from mine too on the 29th, My bulb that is broken they are going to file a claim with UPS and want me to ship back the bulb and wait till they get the money back from UPS ???? SO I asked if they would send me a new bulb and pay for the shipping back to DDM, because I shouldn't be held accountable for something that I had no control over but whatever....I am waiting to hear back from them I had to send them pictures of the box that UPS sent me it was spot less I think it was broken in packaging personally....we will see
Yeah thats BS! You shouldnt have to wait from the claim through UPS dealing with a business like that. I was about to ask a few questions and thinking about ordering from them too. BUT if this is how they do business I think not! Thats not good customer service at all.

Also Ive never seen a company make you send them a e-mail with a picture of the box! LOL, Maybe a person selling goods on e-bay.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks you guys got some bad kits. I can attest to their quality. Have had mine for about a year now with no problems.

Their customer service isn't the greatest, though, but I would compare them to PHP. They could use some more hired help. They get a ton of business and are one of the most popular companies to buy HID kits from online. Not just F150s, but any vehicle. On top of that they do much of their business in their own store, so they have to find time to deal with the online orders, which are growing constantly.

They could definitely use some more hired help to take care of online customer service, but I'm guessing you guys just hit it at a bad time. I'd bet that they've been rushing orders through since it was around Christmas time, so they didn't take the time on them that they should have.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:51 PM

yeah I am not hating on them I just wanna get my kit in and be done with this I agree with Mblouir !

Old 01-04-2010, 09:31 PM

Well try try try again, I was sitting here on the East coast and realized that DDM was just about to close 5pm West Coast, so i called twice and got them on the second call & stayed on hold for a good 8-10 mins. When someone picked up the matter was resolved within 2 mins...they are sending me a new set of bulbs (a set, because they won't to make sure that my lights are same color) They said to hold on to the set that they originally sent me for 5 business days, if UPS doesn't contact me then "destroy them" so all in all very satisfied with their product. This is why I didn't want to down they're company I am sure they were swamped from the holidays and what not

Here are the fogs for now:

yes my garage is dirty I clean it up and the next day remote gets it messy again

I love the lights after watching some Motor City Motors I will take some pics on the road...it's cold as b@lls here in SC its like 28

Old 01-04-2010, 09:38 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Looks good man

Old 01-04-2010, 09:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those fogs look great. Can't say the same about your "cleaned" garage.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:53 PM
My HIDs are backordered

Old 01-04-2010, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by mblouir
Those fogs look great. Can't say the same about your "cleaned" garage.
I cleaned it the other day and when I got home for work my roommate had the work boat in the garage grinding the paint off the aluminum and there were sanding discs and dust everywhere and stuff moved around to fit the boat in there

It's his house so whatever....It'll be cleaned later this week most likely

Old 01-05-2010, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by Yogi.kudos
My HIDs are backordered
They told me the same thing. I ordered mine via their website on the 27th and when I didn't hear anything I called (you must learn how to navigate their phone system in order to get through). Evidently, 1) they're way busy due to x-mas orders and 2) one of the sets I ordered is on back order and they didn't expect to get them in until today. I was a bit miffed they made no effort to let me know there would be a shipping delay, like their website states. Oh well, its the Christmas season in a recession...no body hires Xmas help these days.

So, anyway, the day after I called (12/30) I got an email saying my order has shipped? Cool. However, the UPS tracking info still says "Billing info has been sent to UPS" with no updated tracking info. Which really means they printed out a shipping label but it hasn't been picked up by UPS to ship. Oh well:santa:

Old 01-05-2010, 12:05 AM

they sounded slammed when I was on the phone with them

Old 01-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by bridge
They told me the same thing. I ordered mine via their website on the 27th and when I didn't hear anything I called (you must learn how to navigate their phone system in order to get through). Evidently, 1) they're way busy due to x-mas orders and 2) one of the sets I ordered is on back order and they didn't expect to get them in until today. I was a bit miffed they made no effort to let me know there would be a shipping delay, like their website states. Oh well, its the Christmas season in a recession...no body hires Xmas help these days.

So, anyway, the day after I called (12/30) I got an email saying my order has shipped? Cool. However, the UPS tracking info still says "Billing info has been sent to UPS" with no updated tracking info. Which really means they printed out a shipping label but it hasn't been picked up by UPS to ship. Oh well:santa:
The only Email that I have received was the order/payment conformation. I ordered the 26th and when I didn't get any shipping emails I log in on the site and saw that my lights were backordered. I realize its the holidays and they probably had a lot of orders and I'm in no rush. Sent an email today to see when the lights would be back in stock and shipped.