ddmtuning.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yogi.kudos
The only Email that I have received was the order/payment conformation. I ordered the 26th and when I didn't get any shipping emails I log in on the site and saw that my lights were backordered. I realize its the holidays and they probably had a lot of orders and I'm in no rush. Sent an email today to see when the lights would be back in stock and shipped.
Funny...I just checked my UPS account again and it finally shows actual movement. Looks like I'll have my lights by Thursday. Just in time for an arctic cold front to move in. Looks like I'll be tinkering with these things in 20degree temps.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:51 AM
Originally Posted by bridge
Funny...I just checked my UPS account again and it finally shows actual movement. Looks like I'll have my lights by Thursday. Just in time for an arctic cold front to move in. Looks like I'll be tinkering with these things in 20degree temps.
What ones did you order? I got the Raptor 55w 5000k Hi/lo kit.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by Yogi.kudos
What ones did you order? I got the Raptor 55w 5000k Hi/lo kit.
I got the Slim Ballast 55W H13 Hi/Lo 6000K for the mains and Raptor HID Kit 35w H10 6000K for the fogs.

Unfortunatly, I've been reading alot of posts where DDM has sent the wrong kits and/or bulbs. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Old 01-29-2010, 06:56 PM
***IMPOTANT (I think some people will need to read this)

I had purchased 2 sets from DDM for Headlights and Fogs...Fast Delivery...Easy install....Great Lighting...untilllll!!!

After 1 1/2month of usage...extreme cold hadnt even started yet....I smelled something burning

I opened my hood nothing visible everything was great....

Then a few days later ....smelled somethign burning (plastic) again!! Im like its not normal...checked again went to mechanic nothign visible!!!

A few more days go by....once car is shut off headlights would stay on.....played with every switch...car on/off...finally shut off.

Next 3-4days no problems....then again lights wont turn off even in daytime...so I went to my friends garage 20yrs+ experience in aftermarket accessories...sound systems...alarms...etc...he also did the install of DDM HID's. After extensive testing he told me theirs something wrong with the control unit of HID's seems like it gets stuck in ON position and never turns OFF. Unplugged it move it positions cause for some reason it was hot even thought it was winter December outside but maybe it was normal...well everything seemed to work again...2-3 days down the road...lights out...no HID and I smell somethign again burning (plastic) I pop my hood and the control unit is doing a clicking noise and the shell was melting...!!!

Well after several emails to DDM which was understandable since it was the holidays i finally received a replacement unit but only after they wanted to see pictures of original melting unit...

I told them their control unit is not waterproof...I even opened it theirs no seal on both sides ....seems like water got in unit and the board started burning which if i handt noticed could of caused a fire since the unit would never turn off.

MY SUGGESTION......

If you have purchased the Slim unit as mine I would suggest to protect the control unit from water since it is not waterproof!!!

PART II

After 2 months now one of the ballasts of the fogs has gone as well Slim unit....I have requested a replacement on warranty waiting for reply...Im sorry but maybe this is not a big problem but both units to go out in 2 months I think their product is a flop...

PART III

Im putting these units for sale for very cheap price.....

First unit is the following...u can see some pictures of HID's installed on my truck on the first pages of the thread...

DDMHPH13HL-4500K DDM 35W & 55W Slim Ballast HID Kit
Options:
Wattage : 55 Watt (+$15.00) Bulb Type : H13 Hi/Lo (+$25.00) Bulb Color : 4500K $105.00
(Not Taxable) 1 $105.00

Thats what I paid 3 months ago...right now the same kit is on special 79.95$ I will let it go for 60$ +shipping, it's in perfect working order and brand new control unit was removed from vehicle 1 month ago so its only 2 months old.

I will be selling fogs as well when I receive the new ballast.
DDMH10-4500K DDM 35W & 55W Slim Ballast HID Kit
Options:
Wattage : 35 Watt Bulb Type : H10 Bulb Color : 4500K $65.00
(Not Taxable) 1 $65.00

Right now same unit 49.95$ I will let it go for 30$ +shipping...

If somebody wants both I can ship you everything except for the burned balalst which Im waiting for their response for it and once I get the replacement I can send it to u...if somebody takes both ill pay half the shiiping.

Last edited by possessed007; 01-29-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:04 PM
One more thing to add...I think for the price these units cost 2 months ago and he price their sellign for now ...their must be soemthign wrong and maybe I should have expected these problems for such a low price....

I have since removed all DDM HID's from my truck and just received my HID's from HIDCANADA.com which I heard some good reviews about and their units are more pricy I will start a new thread and full review.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by possessed007
***IMPOTANT (I think some people will need to read this)
That really sucks that happened, but to be honest I think you're the first guy I've read it happening to. Quality control is not 100% flawless 100% of the time--sometimes a bad one leaks through. I think this is one of those cases.

If it were me, I would have pulled them out immediately after either:
1. The burning smell

or

2. The first time you noticed they wouldn't shut off

The prices were so low because they were having a sale, and to semi-accuse them of selling bad units is poor taste. You got a bad unit--nothing more, nothing less. If they were to have one go up in flames and cause damage to the vehicle and/or the driver...you can bet that they'd be facing a huge lawsuit.

Again that sucks it happened, but you got one bad unit. It seems you're jumping the gun by assuming DDM kits are bad, especially when 99% of the people on here have no problems with them.

edit--To add, please don't take this as me simply trying to bash you or to just sit here and defend DDM. I'll be the first to admit that their customer service isn't the greatest. And you can sure as hell bet that I'd be pissed off if that happened to mine. Just trying to point out another side of the story, so to say.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by mblouir
That really sucks that happened, but to be honest I think you're the first guy I've read it happening to. Quality control is not 100% flawless 100% of the time--sometimes a bad one leaks through. I think this is one of those cases.

If it were me, I would have pulled them out immediately after either:
1. The burning smell

or

2. The first time you noticed they wouldn't shut off

The prices were so low because they were having a sale, and to semi-accuse them of selling bad units is poor taste. You got a bad unit--nothing more, nothing less. If they were to have one go up in flames and cause damage to the vehicle and/or the driver...you can bet that they'd be facing a huge lawsuit.

Again that sucks it happened, but you got one bad unit. It seems you're jumping the gun by assuming DDM kits are bad, especially when 99% of the people on here have no problems with them.

edit--To add, please don't take this as me simply trying to bash you or to just sit here and defend DDM. I'll be the first to admit that their customer service isn't the greatest. And you can sure as hell bet that I'd be pissed off if that happened to mine. Just trying to point out another side of the story, so to say.
I understand your point Im not trying to bash them all Im sayin if anybody has purchased a unit like mine SLIM make sure the control unit is placed in a well aired place and away from water not even a drop...or else you will end up with the same results...

Im not talking about the sale.....all Im sayin when ur payin 100$ for a unit and 200$ theirs a big difference....I have both units in front of me DDM Tuning and HIDCANADA.com (reason Im pointing out .com is theirs a .ca I think their different companies not 100% sure) and you can see that the HIDCanada till now looks like a better built quality product...I have started a new thread of my new HID and I will keep up to date if this unit fails after 2 months or any other problems ocur down the road.

Last edited by possessed007; 01-29-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by possessed007
I understand your point Im not trying to bash them all Im sayin if anybody has purchased a unit like mine SLIM make sure the control unit is placed in a well aired place and away from water not even a drop...or else you will end up with the same results...

Im not talking about the sale.....all Im sayin when ur payin 100$ for a unit and 200$ theirs a big difference....I have both units in front of me DDM Tuning and HIDCANADA.com (reason Im pointing out .com is theirs a .ca I think their different companies not 100% sure) and you can see that the HIDCanada till now looks like a better built quality product...I have started a new thread of my new HID and I will keep up to date if this unit fails after 2 months or any other problems ocur down the road.
I gotcha man. That's a good warning. I meant to ask but forgot--where di you place your unit?

When I bought my kid from them it was $200. I think for a while they did decrease their price--not sure what it is now. I agree that "you get what you pay for" usually applies. Main reason I got DDM was the lifetime warranty. Like I said I'm the first to say their customer service is sub-par, but at least they are sending you a replacement.

I'll check out your other thread.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by mblouir
I gotcha man. That's a good warning. I meant to ask but forgot--where di you place your unit?

When I bought my kid from them it was $200. I think for a while they did decrease their price--not sure what it is now. I agree that "you get what you pay for" usually applies. Main reason I got DDM was the lifetime warranty. Like I said I'm the first to say their customer service is sub-par, but at least they are sending you a replacement.

I'll check out your other thread.
I agree with the service as well I told him I had no headlights and couldnt move vehicle and he was asking me for pictures of the control unit...why not ask me for a core charge instead and send me a control unit urgent...wut would a core charge cost for a control unit when their selling the unit complete for 70$.....5$ for a control unit...10$...20$max?

and then my ballast goes on fogs been 2 days now waiting for reply....Im startin to think they may have had some bad units lately or the manufacturer of the unit decided to go cheaper product and they never noticed.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:36 PM
hey got some pics of the hids i ordered, its takin me a while to get the pics uploaded but finally had the time to get them but here is a pic of them on the truck there 6k 35w in the heads and fogs, what do yall think?

here is the HID vs silverstar

and here it is all done at night

and a cloudy day pic

thanks for all the help yall gave me with the questions i had and once again sorry for the late pics but hey better late then never right

Old 02-01-2010, 03:19 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Looks good man

Old 02-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Looks good man
thanks there alot better then those stockers

Old 02-01-2010, 05:29 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
I bet. I'm rocking the stockers tho. I think I will for a long time

Old 02-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
I bet. I'm rocking the stockers tho. I think I will for a long time
yea the stockers werent cutting it for me, and when i saw the prices i couldent pass it up, and surprisingly (knock on wood) i havent had any problems or flashed at yet so, and the slow people will get out the way alot faster when u put the light in there rear veiw

Old 02-03-2010, 12:36 AM
OK up for sale both of my DDM HID kits....one ballast out...sold as is

Customer Service "ZERO" ....I purchased the HID fogs 1 1/2months ago...one ballast goes out and they want me to pay for shipping to them for RMA which is understandable but they also want me to pay for shipping back the replacement part...that is ridiculous especially after dealing with a faulty ballast in such short time...BS!!! For 49$ u can order a new kit + shipping thats about 30$ more then what it would cost me to send back the ballast and receive a new one.

Both kits are for sale...100$ + shipping.....if you want me to send out the ballast and get u a replacement u will have to pay for the shipping which my guess would b 40$ to send it and get it back.

And lets clear things out before people start bashing anybody....their HID kits are AMAZING from wut users are sayin...maybe i got a bad batch...but their CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ZEROOOOO!!!!