Wow, I love it!

You do really good work.

Thanks a lot bud!

Mickey

Old 03-01-2010, 02:15 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tcf205
thanks for the pics they are funny to see my truck lowered like that, can anyone put 33' on it?
I fully appreciate a truck that goes up or down, unfortunately my creative abilities are biased and only see potential in a lower stance. I guess its the mini-trucker in me. It always helps when people post up a clean clear pic to work with too If a clean nice pic is posted i usually take a stab at it, it just takes me a few days to post up with my limited time.

With that being said, I set out and created a super clean sport truck, black gloss headlights with clear reflectors for that crisp look on a white truck, blackout grille with a black chrome grille surround and blackout fogs to match the headlights, black badges with white overlays, a bit of black out back with dark tails, and PTM handles and mirror caps as well as bumpers.
Then i slammed it down on some NBS king ranch painted wheels, a nice dark gunmetal/black color in a 22 size.

Not what you wanted so i took that recipe and turned it around,
same mods, just a 2inch level all around with some 33 BFGs since you didnt specify (IDK jack squat about offroad tires anymore or whats "cool" or "in" and bfgs were always my fav when i had a lifted truck over 12 yrs ago)
Stock 18s with a satin black coat, caps still chrome but the beige PTM white on the center.

Cause thats how i would roll
but come on you know you like the first one more

Last edited by Fabian06SC; 03-01-2010 at 02:33 AM. Reason: fixed pic link
Old 03-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks and no they both look great! The lowered one would prob cost me a lot more money though haha, but I love what you did with the wheel caps that looks sweet

Old 03-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'll try this thread out, had watson on here try to do this a little while back. did a decent job but its difficult to see the body lines because I asked for black.

can someone try it again and try to make the body lines more visible? maybe ligthen them up? the body line that flow up with the grille between the insert and headlight. kinda like the picture i'll supply last, but want some red on the very outer portion of the hood.
Hood

probably the best angle for the truck to 'shop

watsons job (thanks again, probably should've asked you to lighten the body lines a little)
http://www.screen-fx.net/upload/KlitchChop2.jpg

Old 03-01-2010, 12:16 PM
I think I'm going to get my rims flat black with the chrome ring around the cap and then if I dont like the look ill powder coat the bumpers white and leave the chrome ring

Old 03-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Klitch
I'll try this thread out, had watson on here try to do this a little while back. did a decent job but its difficult to see the body lines because I asked for black.

can someone try it again and try to make the body lines more visible? maybe ligthen them up? the body line that flow up with the grille between the insert and headlight. kinda like the picture i'll supply last, but want some red on the very outer portion of the hood.
Hood

probably the best angle for the truck to 'shop

watsons job (thanks again, probably should've asked you to lighten the body lines a little)
http://www.screen-fx.net/upload/KlitchChop2.jpg
What hood is that so i can try to find a better picture maybe one in black or something for ya since im not the best at paint..

Old 03-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by MbL90
What hood is that so i can try to find a better picture maybe one in black or something for ya since im not the best at paint..
x2

Or at least a picture of the whole hood.

EDIT:

Eh, decided to give it a try, though I'm kinnda confused as to what you want?

Last edited by ELVATO; 03-01-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by MbL90
its an ebay hood (id: hoods4sale i think)

I've quizzed them for better pictures and not received them. they claim thats the only set of pictures they offer, nobody has supplied them a installed photo.

I'm not sure how to make it more clear, but i'll try again.
theres 4 heights, 3 body lined on the new hood.
one of these lines coincides with the oem hood, which also follows the contour of the grille surround, this happens to be the furthest outset body line and the lowest hood height up to the next highest hood height. elvato's rendition somewhat follows the body line im referring to, kinda looks good.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:42 AM
Ok, that's kinnda what I thought you meant. When I copied the hood, I didn't copy the outside "panel" since I figured you wanted it red, so I'd just keep the stock red. The only problem was that a) I'm guess you want it gloss black, and b) because of the angle of the picture of the hood, I couldn't "stretch" the hood to fit the line, or else it started looking weird.

I guess I could close a bit of it to make up the body line. Also, I didn't know if you wanted the bug guard or not? I'm guess you're taking it off when you put the hood on?

Old 03-02-2010, 02:30 AM
Thats a bad angle to do that hood swap I have it somewhere on my pc but it turned out nasty.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Klitch
its an ebay hood (id: hoods4sale i think)
I'd read this: https://www.f150online.com/forums/ap...od-review.html

Old 03-02-2010, 05:09 AM
Originally Posted by ELVATO
Ok, that's kinnda what I thought you meant. When I copied the hood, I didn't copy the outside "panel" since I figured you wanted it red, so I'd just keep the stock red. The only problem was that a) I'm guess you want it gloss black, and b) because of the angle of the picture of the hood, I couldn't "stretch" the hood to fit the line, or else it started looking weird.

I guess I could close a bit of it to make up the body line. Also, I didn't know if you wanted the bug guard or not? I'm guess you're taking it off when you put the hood on?
bug guard would probably take away from the non functioning scoop cowl aero vacuum port thingy , just trying to say the scoop looks cool on the cowl but at the same time the idea is retarded

yeah, I tried doing a gloss black and I couldnt find the body lines after I did that, I figured after I tried my hand at skewing the hood the angles werent close enough for me at the very least.

Originally Posted by Strikeswiftly
Thats a bad angle to do that hood swap I have it somewhere on my pc but it turned out nasty.
cant be worse than mine! lol

Originally Posted by Dinggus
lol. sweet! your saying the first time I stomp that bichi eclipse PARTS will come flying off my truck like its stupid fast? sign me up for that except the extra dents!

Old 03-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Hello, could someone drop my truck few inches...not slam it...but just enough for that clean look...i wanna see it before i do it... thanks soo much in advance

Old 03-02-2010, 04:44 PM
wondering if I could get one of your guys to shop this one to show me what it would look like if I dropped the back side to match the front, and what it would look like if I leveled the front

eta: also wondering what it would look like if I painted the wheels white

would this pic work, or do you need something better?

Last edited by ROB281; 03-02-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by ROB281
wondering if I could get one of your guys to shop this one to show me what it would look like if I dropped the back side to match the front, and what it would look like if I leveled the front

eta: also wondering what it would look like if I painted the wheels white

would this pic work, or do you need something better?
heres the first step just the level each way. ill clean it up and work on the wheels.

Front

Rear

id do front since you have the replacement bumpers

did a special mod

Quick Reply: Photoshop Thread 1.0