Found A Cheap Site For Oval Overlays

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 07:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered the front and back overlays when I measured from edge to edge it was 9X3. I also ordered an overlay for the steering wheel emblem 2 1/4X7x8.

I just sent them an e-mail asking how long it takes or production and shipment.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Watching this thread. Just sent them an email. Would love to hear some feedback from you guys when you get your emblems in.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:12 PM
I got an e-mail from them thursday saying that my overlys had been shipped. I ordered Charcoal met. backround with black lettering in traditions Ford font. I am hoping to get them monday or tuesday.

On a side note. Ipaid $8.44 for standard USPS shipping. c'mon these are decals that should fin in any standard envelope. This really should not cost more than $1.50 to send. I know the mans gotta make some money and put food on his table, but damn, that's an expesive envelope for standard ship.

My 2 cents

Old 05-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FX4Nick
I got an e-mail from them thursday saying that my overlys had been shipped. I ordered Charcoal met. backround with black lettering in traditions Ford font. I am hoping to get them monday or tuesday.

On a side note. Ipaid $8.44 for standard USPS shipping. c'mon these are decals that should fin in any standard envelope. This really should not cost more than $1.50 to send. I know the mans gotta make some money and put food on his table, but damn, that's an expesive envelope for standard ship.

My 2 cents
Your point is true, but, someone who will actually do this is still worth the pay. I still think Ford should produce these themselves as an accessory since they got Patriot with them.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:49 PM
i don't see redfire metallic on their site? am i overlooking something?

Old 05-08-2010, 10:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bogeyrider63
i don't see redfire metallic on their site? am i overlooking something?
Dark red reflective would be my suggestion, but obviously emailing them and requesting what can be done would be best.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:42 AM
keeping an eye on this...

Old 05-10-2010, 12:39 AM

I'm watching this too. I'm a bit confused by the sizing, but I need to just go out and measure on my truck.

http://www.webxtremes.com/forddecalsizes.htm

I was looking at the sizes on that site. Here it says 8 x 3 so I just need to go measure to make sure exactly.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:51 AM
I have a damaged steering wheel/horn emblem on my 07...........not gonna pay big bucks for a whole new airbag assembly just cuz of an emblem. I need some advice. Would you pry the damaged emblem from the horn/air bag and replace it with a new sticky back emblem, or try to place the new emblem directly on top of the damaged emblem?

Old 05-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by oklacop
I have a damaged steering wheel/horn emblem on my 07...........not gonna pay big bucks for a whole new airbag assembly just cuz of an emblem. I need some advice. Would you pry the damaged emblem from the horn/air bag and replace it with a new sticky back emblem, or try to place the new emblem directly on top of the damaged emblem?
If you are referring to the item being discussed in this thread, it is not a new emblem you will be buying, but a vinyl overlay. You simply attach the new overlay on to your existing emblem. I think that's what you were asking. If you are looking to save money, this is what I would do.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Got my overlays today. They look really good. The steering wheel overlay fit almost perfectly. The front and rear emblems were narrow and were close, sort of. The letters and oval to not line up at all. I was able to use them anyways It was a trick applying around the narrow edges so I just trimed what wrinkled. I wanted to apply Krylon acrylic clean to give them a nice shine and protect them from the elements. Something jsut told me that once water would get around the edges they would start to peel. Maybe I applied the clear to heavy for the vinyl or this vinyl should not be cleared over, but they have wrinkled around all the lettering and the raised oval on the badge. I really don't think they are going to lay down as the clear dries.

Ruined....

I tried to use touch up paing to paint the outter oval and the lettering that didn't turn out so good. That's why I ordered the overlays. So I think now I am back to square one. Let the clear dry for a day or two and then peel, sand, and re-think. Because I am a bit of a perfectionist. I may try to find someone that does airbrushing and have them take care of this for me. I don't have the steadiest of hands.

I am open to suggestions of anyone has any.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:53 PM
I let my emblems dry over night and the wrinkles laid back down. I wouldn't by any means consider them perfect. When I say perect I mean factory like finish. But they are 20/20. From 20 feet away if I'm moving 20 mph they look good and almost factory (except for the color changes). I am probably the only one that will ever notice because I'm picky like that. I think the wrinkling happened because I applied too much clear too quickly. I applied a few more coats of clear this morning allowing more dry time between coats. Now you can' t evem feel the overlay which is what I was going for.

Overall my experience with ChargedGraphics was pretty good. I got custom overlays with the Ford font in less than a week. They don't fit perfectly but after some trim and clear they are pretty darn good.

I would buy from them again if I had to

Old 05-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
If you are referring to the item being discussed in this thread, it is not a new emblem you will be buying, but a vinyl overlay. You simply attach the new overlay on to your existing emblem. I think that's what you were asking. If you are looking to save money, this is what I would do.
on my 05 the emblem is a thin metal and has like hooks that are in there. I just took a knife and pulled up gently on each side and it came out perfectly. I dont know what you mean by damaged. But heres your options.

Option 1- You can grab any kind of vinyl material at an arts and crafts store and cover it yourself and prob be cheaper but if you want an exact color than you can just order from these guys.

Option 2- You can go to a local junkyard and grab the emblem out of that truck if you really want the oem emblem

Option 3- See if ford will sell just the emblem to you even though i doubt they will. They will prob try to charge you for a whole plastic airbag cover thing. Hope this helps

Last edited by mhockey9090; 05-11-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:55 PM

Got my overlays today. They look really good. The steering wheel overlay fit almost perfectly. The front and rear emblems were narrow and were close, sort of. The letters and oval to not line up at all. I was able to use them anyways It was a trick applying around the narrow edges so I just trimed what wrinkled. I wanted to apply Krylon acrylic clean to give them a nice shine and protect them from the elements. Something jsut told me that once water would get around the edges they would start to peel. Maybe I applied the clear to heavy for the vinyl or this vinyl should not be cleared over, but they have wrinkled around all the lettering and the raised oval on the badge. I really don't think they are going to lay down as the clear dries.

Ruined....

I tried to use touch up paing to paint the outter oval and the lettering that didn't turn out so good. That's why I ordered the overlays. So I think now I am back to square one. Let the clear dry for a day or two and then peel, sand, and re-think. Because I am a bit of a perfectionist. I may try to find someone that does airbrushing and have them take care of this for me. I don't have the steadiest of hands.

What size did you order? Would you be able to recommend a better size that would fit better?

Old 05-11-2010, 10:39 PM

Ruined....

What size did you order for the steering wheel overlay?

Quick Reply: Found A Cheap Site For Oval Overlays