Interior Painting... Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pretty sick, Feel like doing one more? haha. I would love to do that just don't have the time right now.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That looks great! must say you have some patients to pull that off!!!! well worth it though!!

Old 06-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Lol looks great man

Old 06-12-2011, 06:15 PM

Anyone know if it's possible to paint the stuff he left black? The parts in-between, cuz mine are gray but it's not a smooth surface at all. Don't know if it's possible to sand and still look right.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:09 AM
Thanks fellas

Originally Posted by JackedUp99
Anyone know if it's possible to paint the stuff he left black? The parts in-between, cuz mine are gray but it's not a smooth surface at all. Don't know if it's possible to sand and still look right.
Anything is paintable lol, just depends on how much prep work and sanding you want to do. I haven't seen the pieces your talking about painted but I have seen them wrapped in fabric which I've considered but decided not to. I will say those pieces are way easier to remove then doing the piece I did. Also consider the amount of glare or reflection that could be thrown off of what you paint.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:34 AM
Yeah make sure you do a flat or matte finish lol. My freind had a fiberglass dash that was PTM to his show truck and it was horrible to ride and drive in because of the glare.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by FXfloor'd199
Thanks fellas

Anything is paintable lol, just depends on how much prep work and sanding you want to do. I haven't seen the pieces your talking about painted but I have seen them wrapped in fabric which I've considered but decided not to. I will say those pieces are way easier to remove then doing the piece I did. Also consider the amount of glare or reflection that could be thrown off of what you paint.
Ya I know that but I don't know how to sand it because it would just smooth it out and would look wierd, otherwise I wouldn't be able to sand the low spots. Idk next chance you get just look at the surface of it.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:50 AM
Originally Posted by JackedUp99
Ya I know that but I don't know how to sand it because it would just smooth it out and would look wierd, otherwise I wouldn't be able to sand the low spots. Idk next chance you get just look at the surface of it.
You would want to use scratch filler primer. Lay quite a few coats on it and sand it smooth. It will help fill the low spots.

Quick Reply: Interior Painting... Nightmare