New headlights, grille, decals, overlay, and recleared tails!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New headlights, grille, decals, overlay, and recleared tails!

I said before that I was going to be posting up some pics after I did the green and black ford overlay so here it is plus more mods I've done since then: projector heads, fx4 decals, mesh grille, and recleared and polished niteshaded taillights!

Here's a link to my halo rings and LEDs on in the evening.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...=gnr-img-album

New black and green overlay.

Fx4 decals

Overlay and fx4 decal, also the recleared and polished taillights

New projector headlights and grillecraft mesh grille

Finished product

Old 08-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Wheels and tires look good as do the tails. Not a fan of the green stickers or the grille that you can see through though.

Old 08-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Really.. I get lots of complements on the green since it goes with my brake calipers. The grille you can see through pretty good in the pic for some reason, in person that's not quite the case. The fx4 decals were free, I'm trying to design something a bit more custom for them but they will still be green and black.

Old 08-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I like your wheels and tires also.....but the green stickers? You must like Monster Energy drink.....

Old 08-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by 88racing
I like your wheels and tires also.....but the green stickers? You must like Monster Energy drink.....
Along with SRH and DC...

Old 08-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Or gravedigger lol
interesting to see no one on here likes them so far.. Like I said in person I usually get complements on them. Tell me a little more why you guys dislike it? Is it just the fact it's green or if you think it doesn't flow for example.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:11 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
The tails are too dark for my taste but I kind of like the green. Definitely different.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:16 PM
I was going for a black and green theme that I haven't finished yet, green led underbody kit and a little green lighting behind the grille to make it "glow" just a little, not bright.

I'm a fan of the dark tails with a black truck so I went pretty dark, although in the sunlight you can still see a good bit of red through them.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:22 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackOut07
I was going for a black and green theme that I haven't finished yet, green led underbody kit and a little green lighting behind the grille to make it "glow" just a little, not bright.

I'm a fan of the dark tails with a black truck so I went pretty dark, although in the sunlight you can still see a good bit of red through them.
Don't ever go to Arlington, I think you will get a ticket for those. Sorry, you're going to far with the green lights, for me!

Old 08-18-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm pretty sure the tails are legal for the most part, the reflector and light was easily visible from however many feet the regulation was, I can't remember but I checked. Well with my brothers stock headlights on his tundra it was visible anyway.

That's why I haven't done it yet, I "was" going for it. I did these a few months ago and was stuck if I wanted to continue the green theme or not. Which is what kind of sparked me to go ahead and post a few pics up and get feedback. I have to admit though I have seen black lifted vehicles with a green theme. Decals, underbody kits, brake calipers, and suspension parts all painted green that made a nice looking vehicle!! I don't like red or blue themes like any other vehicle usually does, trying to do different without being too different. Haha I'm saving funds for other plans I have so I wont be doing any other appearance stuff any time soon. Just getting thoughts and options for now.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackOut07
Or gravedigger lol
interesting to see no one on here likes them so far.. Like I said in person I usually get complements on them. Tell me a little more why you guys dislike it? Is it just the fact it's green or if you think it doesn't flow for example.
The green is original and if you like it that's what counts......sorry I have never really been a fan of green accents and that's just me.....like I said before the wheels and tire look great and so does your truck....give me time and I'll like the green.....

Take care

Old 08-18-2011, 05:22 PM
i like the green on the black. stands out nicely. but it does remind of monster in a way. but i'd rock it on mine

Old 08-18-2011, 05:25 PM
I haven't totally decided yet. I appreciate your input though, that's why I posted up some pics. Who knows maybe I should just get multicolor led kits and in the end if green doesn't look the best I can just push a button and on to the next color! Lol

88 if that question/statement came across the wrong way it wasn't intended, I just wanted some input on yalls perspective of why you weren't to fond of the green, I wasn't trying to be rude in any way about your opinion.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I must say the green looks sick! Plan on getting any inlays for the F150?

Old 08-18-2011, 05:40 PM
i see absolutely nothing wrong with your truck. lol i would suggest PTM handles, mirror caps, fender flares and B-pillars. if you could, i think a green monster symbol would look pretty sweet on that grill.

Quick Reply: New headlights, grille, decals, overlay, and recleared tails!