Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extang Encore???

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extang Encore???

I'm in the market for a folding hard cover and came across the new "Encore" from extang.
Does anyone have any info about this new top, tried a forum search but came up empty.
Looks like it combines the best of both worlds: Solid Fold vrs Bakflip debate( BTW,thanks for all the helpful info on the 2!)

Thanks in advance,
JB

Old 08-13-2010, 06:06 PM
I looked on google but only really found a video from the 09 SEMA show. Looks cool. Seems like no one is selling it. Good luck.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:00 PM
I called Extang today; Said they will be releasing it soon....
When I asked how soon? The operater said "Soon" whatever that means...
Looks cool, if it keeps water out like my Lo Pro did on my last truck I'll be happy....

Old 09-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Since Dec of 08 I have had 4 Extang Solid Fold Covers all of them leaked very badly at the hinges. Extang was very good at replacing them for me but in the end they gave me a full refund. They could not solve the problem, I'm talkin 6 inchs of water at the bulk head. The Encore is the same as the solid fold just made of fiberglass rather than aluminum. Maybe they have inproved the hinge seals. The dealer that I bought the cover from wanted nothing to do with the warrenty issue but Extang stepped up no problem. Great customer service.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Called Extang today.. Asked when the Encore tonno will be availiable. I was told that they are still doing product testing and that it should be available late in the year... It looks great, but I cant wait that long... So it looks like bakflip F1 here i come..

Old 09-03-2010, 10:44 PM
If it's anything similar to "foldacover", it'll be kind of convenient unless you have to remove it more than once a year. Hopefully it won't dent as easily.

http://www.foldacover.com/Products/V...2/Default.aspx

Old 09-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Shipping as soon as Oct 4 2011!! EXTANG ENCORE!!

contact us for more info
jamzauto@gmail.com

Trending Topics

Old 09-17-2011, 11:43 AM
I talked to my local auto accessories dealer, she said her supplier will get them on the 4th she will see them no later than the 7th but there was no pricing yet.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:20 AM
Any new info or pricing on this cover?

Unfortunately a google search yields next to nothing.

I have a feeling this cover could be what I'm looking for but I can't find any details on it

Old 09-21-2011, 10:00 PM
Just had one of Extang's trucks in the shop on monday, and it had an Encore on it.

It was raining like mad in Ann Arbor on monday, almost non-stop all day, and it didn't leak one bit. We had the truck at the shop for roughly 4 hours, and at least 3 of that was the truck sitting in the parking lot after we worked on it. No water in the bed at all.

I want one for my truck. Looks very good on the truck and seems to be waterproof.

That October 4th-7th time frame is about right from what I was told.

I consider myself lucky, I can get what I want direct from Extang since my shop services their trucks, and personal vehicles of company employees.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:12 AM
new level motorsports has them on sale for $889 with free shipping and 20 off

Old 10-04-2011, 06:01 AM
Looks like a nice cover, I like the FRP- Fiberglass Reinforced Panel, over the aluminum, shoudn't dent as easy,

I am in the market also, always owned caps, thinking about going this direction

I wonder how stable the FRP is? although I see Extang is a MI based company, I'm sure they tested for this

Old 10-04-2011, 06:08 AM
Looks like a nice cover, I like the FRP- Fiberglass Reinforced Panel, over the aluminum, shoudn't dent as easy,

Old 10-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Extang Encore looks like the same design as the Extang Solid Fold, but made of FRP instead of aluminum. FRP is the same material as the Bakflip F1's top panel.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by vans

I wonder how stable the FRP is? although I see Extang is a MI based company, I'm sure they tested for this
They are indeed Michigan based. Ann Arbor to be exact. My shop in Ann Arbor does wheels and tires for their company trucks and show trucks.

Myself, and both of my bosses have Extang covers on our trucks, and 2 of us have BedTred liners from their brother company, BedRug.

The Encore is a sweet lid. I've seen it in person on one of their trucks a couple weeks ago, and it is NICE. It was raining like mad the day they brought the truck in for service, and it sat outside for probably a total of 3 hours before and after service, and it didn't leak one bit. The lid had been put on not 30 minutes prior to the truck being brought to my shop.

I want an Encore for my truck. I'm gonna check on pricing soon, see if I can make it happen.(damn bills!) As it stands now, I've got an Extang Express cover on my truck, and for being an older design lid, it's damn nice. Doesn't turn into a lake when it rains, and doesn't flap all over like some tonneaus do when you're driving.

For tonneaus, Extang is it for me. I won't go elsewhere. Great products, great service, can't beat it.

Quick Reply: Extang Encore???