Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extang Revolution Tonneau Cover opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 02:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extang Revolution Tonneau Cover opinions

I'm looking at the Extang Revolution, but am curious how well it seals since it doesn't use velcro. Do the sides flap with the wind or at speed on the freeway? Any negatives you care to share? I don't want to be surprised with it after the fact, but it if seals up nicely and doesn't flap around in the wind then it looks like a winner to me.

Thanks

Old 04-03-2011, 09:02 AM
I bought an Extang cover for a Dakota that I owned. I think it was the Tuff Tonno. It was a total piece of garbage, water would pool on it making it sag & it never fit correctly as I could never get it to stay fastened behind the cab. I finally got fed up & threw it to the curb. I had a Truxedo on the Tundra that I owned. Great product.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Don't compare an Extang Revolution to an Extang Tuff Tonno. The Tuff Tonno is one of the cheapest (if not the cheapest) in their offering...entry level...been around a long time.

The Revolution is a much newer design, without snaps or velcro. I can't speak to how well it functions personally, but I know for a fact that it is nothing like the old Tuff Tonno.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:11 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This is my Extang cover... Love it!

Nothing has ever flapped or come loose.. It leaks if you spary water sideways on it, but not very much. For your average rain showers, it does fine. I keep an old bed spread in the back and it's dry and never has been wet being back there for the last couple of years I've had it. Mine does not use velcro or snaps... It has a hard plastic edge that fits into a groove along the alum framing.

Mitch

Last edited by MitchF150; 04-11-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:58 AM
dunno what kind of extang i have (came with the truck) but I would never buy one. Total iece of garbage, mine flaps in the wind and the velcro will not stick. Had a truxedo on my old truck, now that was a good cover.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:20 PM
Im very interested in the revolution too. If it works well, it'd be perfect. Ive been to two local dealers and neither of them knew anything about the revolution even though they carry Extang. They had mini demos of the access vanish but the warranty was only 3yrs. Not interested in anything with a 3yr warranty while most others have a lifetime warranty.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:32 PM
I got sick of looking at all the different options and just placed an order with Peter (extension 1589) at truckaddons.com for a Extang Revolution. Total shipped with tailgate seal and cleaning solutions was $390 even. The guy was fantastic and didnt bs me around about dropping the price like the a-hole at 4wheelparts did. Now I just gotta wait for it to be shipped, which he said would be straight from extang.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:10 PM
the revolution is OK, after having it on my truck a little over a year i probably wouldnt buy it again though. The rails have warped enough that only one side will latch now. Ill probably eventually take it off, pull the bedrug out, and get it linexd, which i should have done to begin with.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Its funny u say that ar15. I have it on my fx4 about 2 1/2 yrs now and i totally agree with you 100%. The cover actually looks pretty sweet cause its low profile and sleek, no 50 buttons to undo and then snap together, doesnt flap while on the hwy that much (i have had and seen worse) and it only leaks a bit when its rainning cats and dogs (just keep whatever u dont want to get wet away from the sides of your bed put them in the middle u will be ok), but !! Its true about the latch but thats been my problem from the start. Ther customer service is pretty good. 2 months after installing it the crossbars were rubbing on the tarp and scuffed it a little from the inside and was starting to open a small hole i guess the wind was contributing to that so i called them and they sent me a new cover minus the rails no question asked they just asked me to send them some pics and before i new it the new cover was at my doorstep. But once again i agree with ar15 i too will probably not buy it again and am now in the process of saving to get the linex and a roll n lock. Why roll n lock? Simple, its got a little more security features than the revolution. If u want to spend less than 400 bucks i still think the revolution is your choice all the way 110%. Hope this helps. Let me know.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by RDAZE
Its funny u say that ar15. I have it on my fx4 about 2 1/2 yrs now and i totally agree with you 100%. The cover actually looks pretty sweet cause its low profile and sleek, no 50 buttons to undo and then snap together, doesnt flap while on the hwy that much (i have had and seen worse) and it only leaks a bit when its rainning cats and dogs (just keep whatever u dont want to get wet away from the sides of your bed put them in the middle u will be ok), but !! Its true about the latch but thats been my problem from the start. Ther customer service is pretty good. 2 months after installing it the crossbars were rubbing on the tarp and scuffed it a little from the inside and was starting to open a small hole i guess the wind was contributing to that so i called them and they sent me a new cover minus the rails no question asked they just asked me to send them some pics and before i new it the new cover was at my doorstep. But once again i agree with ar15 i too will probably not buy it again and am now in the process of saving to get the linex and a roll n lock. Why roll n lock? Simple, its got a little more security features than the revolution. If u want to spend less than 400 bucks i still think the revolution is your choice all the way 110%. Hope this helps. Let me know.
My boss had that exact problem with the bows rubbing the cover and wearing it. Apparently it was a small flaw in the design, and they've fixed it now. My boss got a new cover for his, and the guy we deal with at Extang(VP of marketing) came to our shop, installed it for my boss, as well as some spacer things they had been working with to eliminate the problem, as kind of a test run on a truck outside their company fleet. It worked. No rub anymore.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:48 PM
Ive only had mine for a few weeks but I love it so far. I originally had a problem with one of the latches but after a few swipes with a file it works perfectly, plus they sent me another one when I called about the problem. It seals better than I expected. After several severe storms, I still haven't seen a drop of water, only dust. I haven't installed a tailgate seal yet though. For the money I don't think I could've done better.

Quick Reply: Extang Revolution Tonneau Cover opinions