Hawk LTS :thumbsup: !

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 12:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hawk LTS :thumbsup: !

Just swapped out the factory pads (@ 32k miles). brake dust has pitted the hell out of the stock 17" chrome wheels, and the rotors were fairly warped. (oddly, no noticeable pulsation in the pedal though, just noticed it because i decided to turn them anyways)

a buddy of mine owns a BBK website ( http://bigbrakeparts.net/catalog/ ). he sent me these after i bugged him to research me a set of pads that'll give me a more consistent pedal feel (stockers were getting mushy) and LESS DUST.

well, i'm about 750 miles deep on these pads, and as a note.

NO BRAKE DUST BUILDUP!

the stockers would require at least a good wipedown every 500-700 miles. if i didnt, they'd need a chemical washdown @ 1000 miles to get rid of the dust buildup.

review:

i stop (seemingly) faster. if it isnt faster, it definately squeals the tires a helluva lot faster if i really mash them).

NO BRAKE DUST BUILDUP! at least, nothing significant yet. i'll update this review when i get to the 1500-1800 mile mark...but so far, so good.

SILENCE!. for a ferro-carbon pad, they're silent. no squeal, no clicking, no noise!

noticably LESS pedal pressure required. the truck simply wants to stop faster.

NO FADE! not once (yet) have i gotten these pads to fade on me, and that included moving a bobcat+trailer (~8500lbs IIRC) for a contractor/friend.

and the pricing was NICE. cheaper than stockers from the dealer (albeit slightly more expensive than the no-name organic/metallic pads @ napa, but we all know those suck anyways!)

if anyone needs new pads, i HIGHLY recommend Gary @ BigBrakeParts.net. he took care of everything i needed. fast shipping, great customer service.

note: you may have to send them an email to check availability for your truck. he got the pads for my F150 ASAP, even though they weren't listed on the site.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Technical Article Contributor

What price range are we talking here? I can't stand all the brake dust I'm getting.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:41 PM
they were like $90 shipped. the part #'s are different year to year / 4x2 vs 4x4 / auto/manual / etc. best bet is to call to verify the correct part numbers.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Actually after reading your post I went and found out I can get them through my work. Will most likely go that route.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good to hear!! I have Hawks on my stang and love them. When I need new pads Ill go with the Hawk pads and powerslots. Seems like the best setup for the money.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:56 AM
I've had Hawk ferro carbon pads on 3 different cars & pickups, they do leave dust on the wheels, I usually get 30K miles out of them. They stop great, I've used them with power slots & brembo blanks. Last time I bought them About $50 a couple a years ago for my 2001 f150. My new 2008 f150 has stock brakes, will likely get powerslots & from post I've read the Wagner Thermoquiet pads last a long time, about $40.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Japser, we're glad you like the pads!

We have now updated our website to include all the F150 trucks. If you don't see yours let us know!

-Gary

Quick Reply: Hawk LTS :thumbsup: !