Boar's Hair Wash Brush

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 04:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
after i wash it and z6 it, the truck looks like it was just polished haven't put any on in probably a month to 6 weeks. i see no problems with it holding up great until march or april when its nice enough to reapply some more

Old 01-08-2003, 08:17 PM
So far mine is doing great and we have had a LOT of snow and road SALT. I wash the damn truck like every 3 days and it don't go any longer then a day without having new salt all over it. I HATE THE DAMN SALT.

I have to say so far the Zaino has passed a hell of a test.

Old 01-23-2003, 11:09 PM
I took my truck to a do-it-yourself car wash place. I used the brush there with the soapy water that squirts out, it left little tiny scratched all over the side of my truck. This spring i am going to use my uncles buffer and a very light abrasive to get those scratches out. I will never use those brushes again. I use one of those polishing/car wash mits. The kind that are very soft. I think those do an excellent job at lifting the dirt off the surface rather than pushing it around.

Tip: Always spray the truck down very well before using a brush. use a pressure washer on a low setting first if possible.

- Rick -

Old 01-26-2003, 11:02 AM
F150NASCAR04

Better tip: Never, I mean never, use the "Foaming Brush" to wash the truck!

Use the pressure wash to remove most of the crap until you get a chance to wash it by hand.

Old 01-26-2003, 12:13 PM
yup, i never use the brush at the car wash. guaranteed scratches
i just use their pressure washer hose, and bucket wash the truck. screw them if they say no bucket washing. LoL. i'm paying like 10 bucks for friggin water
if worse comes to worse i do use the soap setting on the sprayer to wash my truck and wash it with a washmit, but i NEVER use the foaming brush

Old 01-26-2003, 12:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hope you did not use a bay after me...

I use that bruch on my tires, so the next guy beyond having all sorts of crap in there, also gets a nice coat of meguires tire dressing on his paint.: eek:

Take the posts above to heart, don't use that brush on any thing but your tires ( not even the wheel itself ).

Quick Reply: Boar's Hair Wash Brush