Constantly fogging windshield

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Constantly fogging windshield

Any ideas on how to prevent interior windshield from fogging up? I have to run the defogger on A/C to get the fogging to stop.

Also is there something I can use so that the humidity inside the vehicle is absorbed by some material? We use a powder type material that we put inside public storage units so all the humidity is absorbed by that small bucket, like a dehumidifier.

Old 12-20-2002, 03:37 PM
I don't really know what to tell you. Maybe it's because you are overheating and causing your windows to fog up. This happens to me when it's cold outside and I get in my truck. Especially if I'm really worked up about something, my windows start to fog up. So I think it is normal. Just my 2 cents.

Old 12-20-2002, 04:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Says you're from Frisco...

Isn't it foggy there by the Bay? Maybe you need to roll UP your windows.

Old 12-20-2002, 04:23 PM
Sounds like a leaking Heater Core.
Does it fog more with heat on than in the off position?
Any coolant smell in the heat positions?
Good Luck!

Old 12-20-2002, 05:44 PM
start with cleaning your windows with a distilled water, white vinegar and alcohol mix as the plastic offgasses and sticks to the window and if you smoke it is twice as bad and this causes your window to get foggy much easier.

Old 12-20-2002, 05:54 PM
Yeah the SF fog OUTSIDE is bad! The fog lights do a real good job.

No coolant smell or anything, it only does it when I'm not running any fan at all.

I know it's normal to have some fogging, but sometimes it just takes a looong time to clear up, and very quickly comes back.

I tried using the Rain X wipes, it helped a little bit. I'll try the concoction that pkagel recommended.

Old 12-20-2002, 05:59 PM
get Stoners...

invisible glass glass cleaner....that stuff got off what windex couldnt....and I'd have to agree with CD,you may have a leaking heater core

Old 12-21-2002, 12:09 PM
for that film that pkagel is talking about, i tried windex, i tried invisible glass, i tried clearview glass cleaner, and they all still left streaks. the clearview did the best job though out of all of them, but still left streaks from that film. the only stuff that i've found to work, and work really easily with hardly any effort was the zaino glass polish. you put it on like you would any wax on the inside of the window, let it haze, then buff it off. it hardly takes any pressure and it leaves the window crystal clear

Old 12-21-2002, 11:06 PM
Interesting, when I used Rain-X it MADE my windows start fogging up. The only way I could fix it was by getting some harsh cleaner to get the rain-x off.

Perhaps you need to re-evaluate your choice of cleansers after you get the rain-x off.

I hate that stuff.. Although it does do what it says, keeps the rain from sticking to the windshield.

Old 12-21-2002, 11:21 PM
Down here in FL the inside of the windows can get fogged up pretty bad. It's usually on those humid semi warm days (70 degrees or so) that it happens most. I'm sure the humidity in the bay area can be similar to here. Your best bet is probably getting the windows as clean as possible on the inside. As far as Rain-x is concerned, the best approach to that, for me, is a spray bottle with water and lots of paper towels. Just buffing the stuff never gets the streaks out. I like the job it does with the rain, and with the storms that we get here you need all the help you can get. I never tried it on the inside of the windows, it says not to do that on there somewhere I think.

Old 12-21-2002, 11:46 PM
i don't htink he's talking about using regular rainx on the inside windows, i'm pretty sure he means the antifog rainx

3rd product down on this page

http://www.rainx.com/frame_auto_new.htm

Old 12-22-2002, 12:56 AM
The ordinary Rain-X, I use for the exterior glass. They also havethe Rain-X wipes with the Anti-fog. So far, I have used the wipes 3 times, with paper towel buffing in between. It has helped in keeping the fogging to a minimum, unlike before where I had to sit there for about 2 minutes to clear the glass.

Old 12-22-2002, 09:34 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've used the FOG-X product however; I was pretty frustrated with the results.

No matter how hard I 'buffed' the product off of the interior glass, it just smeared. Granted, I purchased the Fog-X when it first hit the shelves. Maybe they've made it better since... *shrugs*

RP

Old 12-27-2002, 03:18 PM
I have same problem too...

I live in Houston TX and have the same problem on rainy (very humid) days. If i turn on the defrost then it goes away very quickly. Other vehicles I've own took longer to fog up than F-150 so it just may be this truck.

2003 SuperCrew XLT White
TruckTek Tonneau
Line-X spray-in liner

Old 12-28-2002, 09:03 PM
might b a answer

Had a problem also , this coudl be the fix, when you park the truck leave the selector switch set in fan just park set and leave try that a few days there coudl be a lot of condensation in the fan area or heater core area not being able to dry fully, its worked for me, good luck

Quick Reply: Constantly fogging windshield