Scratched clear coat on rims.. help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scratched clear coat on rims.. help!

I just bought a set of 5 spoke aluminum XLT rims off of a wrecked 2002 to put on my 98. The guy who sold me them shipped them to me with the center caps and lugs in the box with the rims and they scratched the clear coat pretty good. Even with the scratches, it was a sweet deal! I planned on trying to wet sand some of the scratches out, but some are pretty deep. Is there a spray on clear coat that I can use on these wheels? I don't have a compressor so it would have to be a spray can product. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Wasn't sure if this should be in General Care or wheels and tires.......

Old 01-08-2003, 09:09 PM
I guess I'll post a reply to my own thread here. I found Dupli-Color® High Performance Wheel Coating that comes in clear. If I wet sand the wheels and coat them with a couple of coats of clear, they should look good as new. Anyone ever used this product?

Old 01-14-2003, 10:34 PM
I haven't used the wheel clear coat, but I used the Duplicolor clear coat when I repainted the bumper on my old Ranger and it worked great. Also a can of clear coat goes a long way.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: Scratched clear coat on rims.. help!